January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding Son Heung-Min

"Meets the 'works his nuts off' stereotype fully, but then goes and looks absolutely class with it. Going to be huge" - Jeff Livingstone (IBWM)

If tis is true it certainly blows that pav analogy out of the water...

+ if he only started coming good after Rafa joined I don't see that as a problem we have some creative players in our team as well. IMO it would be no different to signing lukaku, as some here have advocated, in terms of potential and it certainly looks like he can thwack a ball. Injury problem is a concern though.

I have nothing to say here, for the record, about an impending star signing for Spurs.

4vzEr.jpg

There is a definite lack of people's desired formations in this thread, complete with outrageous systems and players we haven't yet signed in key positions.

Next season I'd like to see us try something like this:

[centre]
Lloris

Kaboul - Caulker - Vertonghen

Sandro - M'Vila

Sneijder - Holtby - Bale

Negredo - Falcao [/centre]

Where does Jenas fit into your formation, good sir?

a true English box-to-box midfielder - last of his kind

616677_Dream_Team.jpg

If we could build even a portion of this team for next Summer it would be exciting.
The best thing about it is that the back 4 and GK require no adjusting whatsoever and there's already enough scope for rotation/competition. I can imagine we would be in the market for a new LB soon though, as I think Fryers is more long term.

Although next season maybe Parker's last for us he could still allow Sandro some respite every now and then. Hughes, the wee lad from Derby could be a great understudy to Dembele, and if AVB keeps pushing for Moutinho, you never know. To have the option of him and Holtby is incredible.

In terms of the LW, we do need someone who is Zaha-esque, but now Zaha. He is way overpriced and will have an inflated ego after all this transfer hoo-ha. Townsend could still be a fine understudy there, but i'm not sure if AVB is convinced by him.

Leandro Damaio may be overly optimistic but if not the signing of either the korean fella or Willian would provide cover for both lennon and the Striker, as I don't particularly see a long term future for defoe or adebayor tbh.

Also not to forget Dempey and Gylfi who can play well in any of those advance positions. Just need them to kick on a bit this season(less so with Dempsey) to ensure they can compete for places.

Am I being took optimistic? (I don't expect us to sign all these players, just demonstrating our options...)

616677_Dream_Team.jpg

If we could build even a portion of this team for next Summer it would be exciting.
The best thing about it is that the back 4 and GK require no adjusting whatsoever and there's already enough scope for rotation/competition. I can imagine we would be in the market for a new LB soon though, as I think Fryers is more long term.

Although next season maybe Parker's last for us he could still allow Sandro some respite every now and then. Hughes, the wee lad from Derby could be a great understudy to Dembele, and if AVB keeps pushing for Moutinho, you never know. To have the option of him and Holtby is incredible.

In terms of the LW, we do need someone who is Zaha-esque, but now Zaha. He is way overpriced and will have an inflated ego after all this transfer hoo-ha. Townsend could still be a fine understudy there, but i'm not sure if AVB is convinced by him.

Leandro Damaio may be overly optimistic but if not the signing of either the korean fella or Willian would provide cover for both lennon and the Striker, as I don't particularly see a long term future for defoe or adebayor tbh.

Also not to forget Dempey and Gylfi who can play well in any of those advance positions. Just need them to kick on a bit this season(less so with Dempsey) to ensure they can compete for places.

Am I being took optimistic? (I don't expect us to sign all these players, just demonstrating our options...)
gangham-style-didnt-read-funny-lol.gif

Back
Top Bottom