January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Different chairman, the bloke is not as much of a plank as Jordan and knows that Zaha leaving is inevitable, if he can keep hold of him for their promotion push it suits all parties.

That in mind, I have no idea if he is that great. Half a decent season in a lower division means sod all.

Schalke 04 gives Spurs the option to have Holtby directly if we are able to pay 2m? True or not true, and a go or no go?

I know this is just a story by a journal, but shouldn't the club know first what adebayor intends to do prior to his country. for fucks sake, this bloke his supposed to be winning over the Tottenham faithful, and so far he is doing a pretty poor job of it

35ku0eo.jpg

Yes, Yes he is. But as we all know, video games are know yard stick by witch to measure new signings.
Chamackh was awesome on FM2010 :baletroll:

Olivier Giroud is fucking ridiculous on my FM13, consistently PL top scorer

I know this is just a story by a journal, but shouldn't the club know first what adebayor intends to do prior to his country. for fucks sake, this bloke his supposed to be winning over the Tottenham faithful, and so far he is doing a pretty poor job of it

His recent behaviour/ form isn't filling me with confidence either...

QPR need a striker, wages would be an issue.

There is a story linking him to Juve too.

Couldn't see QPR being able to afford the wages at all, don't think Ade would go either considering they're on the verge of a drop.

Haven't heard anything about Juventus yet, although they have been linked with a few strikers already.

If Adebayor is such a non AVB player, why did we work so hard to sign him, even once AVB was on board? Or did AVB just not yet know? Or was it because he was the best option available?

If Adebayor is such a non AVB player, why did we work so hard to sign him, even once AVB was on board? Or did AVB just not yet know? Or was it because he was the best option available?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Ade is just not trying, very poor attitude right now after a less than ideal start to the season.

If we sell Adebayor already, something has obviously gone down behind the scenes. Which would be weird though since AVB keeps playing the lad..

He's had a rough season. No pre-season (due to his own greed and Levynomics). A couple of slighter injuries. A teammate who has been scoring for fun (for STRETCHES, not the whole bloody season you blind JD-worshippers :adegrin:) and a team that has completely forgot how to play 442.

Yes, Adebayor has been unimpressive this far and yes, he seems to do this a lot once he secures his payday.. but IF we can get him back to last season's form we can buy a younger striker and give that striker time to adapt properly. As it stands now, we're fucked either way. Defoe has been quiet lately and Ade hasn't even started firing on all cylinders yet.. Worrying. Imagine if Defoe goes down injured and we're stuck with a grumpy, out of form Adebayor? :avbfacepalm:

Adebayor's attitude seems to change according to people's narrative, I think he'll be at Spurs for a while yet and he'll get it together. He's not been half as bad as people say he's been this season.

Adebayor's attitude seems to change according to people's narrative, I think he'll be at Spurs for a while yet and he'll get it together. He's not been half as bad as people say he's been this season.

Adebayors season.

- No pre season at all (thanks to City)
- Instant relatively long term injury
- Return to competitive football without any preparation, needs time to build up match shaprness
- Suspension
- Finally back in the game. Not doing poorly IMHO but clearly not pulling up any trees just yet.

Is it actually a surprise?

Its a real shame the ANC has come around, we all know he will go, which will be even further disruption for him - this season is fast becomign a write off for him. Without the ANC he would be able to get a run of games together and find his form again, with all the "attitude concerns" that people are going on about disappearing...

Back
Top Bottom