January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the begging of the season I thought we needed a striker more than anything, but now I think that the creative attacking midfielder is what we need, we can get by till summer rotating Ade and Defoe upfront with that kind of player behind.

If you were to get someone like Mouthino for example (although we won't get him anymore) they will contribute to the score sheet anyway and increase the effectiveness of Defoe and Adebayor.

I wonder if Wesley Schnejder is somebody else Inter will want to get rid of this year. They seem to be doing very well without him. He could be just the ticket for us....except for the injury bug. :avbcringe:

I wonder if Wesley Schnejder is somebody else Inter will want to get rid of this year. They seem to be doing very well without him. He could be just the ticket for us....except for the injury bug. :avbcringe:

Think wages would be a killer on that one. Imagine he already earns over £100k a week and plenty of European clubs would give him much more.

Id just try and sign Huntelaar, then test this supposed 'special' relationship with Madrid for Kaka on loan where we pay some of his wages. Bloke is still class, you dont lose it overnight.

How (un)likely is a move for a considerable striker? ie. Pato? Will the HP buy out bring any additional funds for the transfer market?

I don't think the HP buyout will have any effect on us. Once a sponsorship deal is agreed I would think that's the end of it, an agreed amount of money is paid.

Yep the whole HP thing would be more likely to scupper our deal with Autinomy what with all the dodginess that is going on there.

There are some pretty interesting news about transfer around now...
Some Pjanic quotes surfaced
“I’m aware of this (interest from Tottenham), but I do not think that there will be any follow-up. In addition, Roma has been very clear on this issue, there will be no transfer, no doubt. I have three years on my contract here and Roma fans are always very warm, completely and continuously support the team."
and Marseille are looking to cash in on Remy, or at least this article says so: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/11...-after-e10m-loic-remy-agent-admission/73644/?

I would be ecstatic if there would be "a follow-up" and we'd sign him and Rémy would still be a good addition.

I work in contracts, and usually when there is a buy out, the new parent will (try when the other party is willing) to re-negotiate...usually for shorter or longer terms. HP may want to extend to the deal...thus leading to additional funds. It is just difficult for me to find any talk about the deal over here..closest thing I got was an ft article but naturally, they didn't discuss the Spurs.

Also, I agree with a few posts up... Remy would be a nice addition.

Back
Top Bottom