January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see how not being able to a quarter of the Premier League's left backs that are better than BAE proves Sadler wrong tbh, especially as there might be plenty of better left backs in Europe that AVB knows about.
He said we can do a lot better, this would indicate that there are 5 better left-backs than BAE who would join Spurs.

Think of the position it could put Levy in though €€€€€€€€
very true, and to be honest I don't think the partnership with Madrid is too serious so can't see it being a major concern on our part. I also think Villa is never gonna happen but I'd love to be proved wrong.

I fucking knew it!!

You did call it...

IMHO it's madness... not sure quite how it has gathered momentum.

It does go to show that the ITK's and people talk. Stuff gets leaked out, then it becomes Chinese whispers. I kind of didn't say anything, not only as I didn't want to look like an idiot, but also just to see how stuff spreads between different ITKs and the public.

More and more gets spread by DM, then you end up with a few people confirming they have heard stuff... I've been guilty of this in the past.

I'm getting bits via DM all the time today... all pretty much saying the same thing, which is why I think it is only ever really coming from one or two people.

Obviously some of it is legit, in that we do sign people that the ITKs have linked us with, but is difficult to separate rumour that is going round ITKs to stuff that is genuinely from some who has info on the deals being done... be it an agent, a player liaison officer, PR people, press officers, drivers, medical staff etc

There is a rumour that a player was book for an MRI scan yesterday, but it never happened. Apparently this is standard on any player that has a known previous injury. The scan never took place and the medical never happened. Apparently it could go ahead tomorrow. I've got this from reading a few bits on SC today... the guy who is giving the info seems legit, think is friend work at a private hospital or something that does the 'medical' side of our medicals (rather than the running in and out of cones and doing the bleep test type stuff... if that actually happens anymore).

Back
Top Bottom