Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose in his presser today was asked whether Jan was leaving and he did not say he was.
I've got my fingers crossed he stays.

I got the impression he was not saying anything because he doesn't want to be the one to make the official announcement, rather than denying he is going.

Real shame because I think Jan has been a real stalwart for our club and I am kinda heartbroken for him that he doesn't get to say goodbye to the fans this season. I really hope we organise something with him and the fans for a proper departure, if it is his final season.

I got the impression he was not saying anything because he doesn't want to be the one to make the official announcement, rather than denying he is going.

Real shame because I think Jan has been a real stalwart for our club and I am kinda heartbroken for him that he doesn't get to say goodbye to the fans this season. I really hope we organise something with him and the fans for a proper departure, if it is his final season.

No goodbye for Dembele and now none for Supa-Jan either. That shit sucks! :dawsonmean:

I'll miss Super Jan when he goes, he's been one of my favourite players to grace our shirt.
It'll be a shame if he goes having played his last games behind closed doors, hopefully the club invite him back to say goodbye when the crowds return to stadia.

I really think we should give him another year. He’s clearly respected in the dressing room and is currently our only left footed centre half. His struggles have also been indicative of a poor collective season...

Look at the impact Kompany had in his final season at Man City?

Saying that, worryingly I can also see Jan going to City and doing a good job there.

I really think we should give him another year. He’s clearly respected in the dressing room and is currently our only left footed centre half. His struggles have also been indicative of a poor collective season...

Saying that, worryingly I can also see Jan going to City and doing a good job there.
He probably wants a longer contract than a year.

i love Jan and think he has been great for the club but he has clearly fallen off lately and we are not close to good enough to be able to afford to keep guys around for sentimental reasons.

If he goes to City and performs well and has success there good for him, I have a hard time seeing him go there and be anything more than he was here but anything is possible I guess.

I suspect City's style of play will leave Jan horribly exposed....

I suppose if there had been fans at the game today then JM would have given JV a farewell few minutes
I hope we are in a good position in the last minutes of the CP game and Jan can get a few minutes and Jose and the rest of the squad can show how much the team and fans appreciate what a great contribution he has made to our club's progression over the years he has played for us.

EdTe-08XkAAUKR3

If he’s happy to take a one year deal as fourth choice player, that’s fine. If he wants anything more than that he has to go somewhere else. Money is tight and we can’t be handing contracts to people out of nostalgia.

We have not missed Jan since he fell out of the starting XI and that’s the truth, this season he showed a big decline physically and he will just get in Tanganga’s way now.

Back
Top Bottom