Jamie Vardy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way in hell we can afford him now. Leicester can easily ask for 25m+ for him and clubs that have the money and really want him will just pay that amount.

Considering the ridiculous prices we have seen lately and the fact that we will look desperate in January 25m is not unreasonable. If more then one club will look interested in him in January then Leicester will easily demand that amount. The new TV money inflated prices a lot and i doubt any PL team will sell cheap players.
But this is only my opinion.

Credit to Ranieri for bringing out the best in Vardy, but not sure that he would transfer his current form to us. His price will shoot up and I don't think he will be worth a punt.

Jamie Vardy is suffering from a rare form of Papiss Cisse syndrome , I like the guy and his tenacious style but lets face it in two years time he will probably be scoring 1 in 5 in the Championship.

Think he definitely suits a counter attacking style. We generally aren't set up that way and in the majority of games dominate possession. Playing up top for us and for Leicester is a different kettle of fish.

Saying that, fair play to the guy though. We were the last league team to stop him scoring back in August.

Can I just 'agree' all the recent responses?

Seems to me like a case of 'right time, right place' with him at the moment, and despite his pace (something I love, but is undoubtedly more beneficial to Leicester than us) I wouldn't want him at Spurs.

As I've said before, signings like Vardy would be the remit of an unimaginative transfer policy (United, basically), and we're far better off looking to the continent for talent.

To be honest, I reckon Danny Ings would have been as good as Vardy for us.

Mahrez is the real talent at Leicester that needs poaching.

Mahrez is the real talent at Leicester that needs poaching.

Leicester is going to be thrown copious amounts of cash for Mahrez this summer and unless we were to finish top 4 there isn't even a chance he comes to Spurs.

EDIT: I'm actually gonna take this back. Leicester haven't really had too many challenges yet this season. Ourselves and the scum are the only actual top sides they've played. I suppose that once they get into a tougher part of their schedule the real player will emerge. If he can play like he has against the truly tough opponents he'll probably wind up at City. Navas is getting up there and Mahrez would be a good fit. Though, if he has a dip in form against top competition I wouldn't be surprised if we had a real shot at him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom