It doesn’t have to be this way

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you don't appear to have any empathy which is why I asked, you defend everything from stubhub to the club's non-support on the Y word debate. I find it very bizarre.

Stubhub facilitates fans ripping each other off, I and many others choose not to use it, but the fact it exists, means people can be ripped off. I can't comprehend how you can possibly defend that by dismissively saying "don't use it then". It shouldn't be there in the first place.
Aye, it shouldn't be there in the first place. The fact is that it does exist, and with it's existence the clubs is taking money off the top, utilising it in it's favour rather than being taken for a total ride. People are complaining about stubhub beyond Tottenham and beyond football itself for valid reasons as you (collectively) are here, the difference is I haven't seen anyone other than the Spurs crowd try and destabalise it.

If it wasn't beneficial for us financially then ENIC wouldn't have it in place, a fashion that is evident in every day running of the club from top to toe. The tickets have been bought first from the club, then resold on with the club taking further money from them. Financially sound investment for something that shouldn't exist. Ticket touting has been going on for years before stubhub and will carry on after stubhub if you guys take it down. The difference is simply that with this system in place the club can redeem extra money from stubhub rather than asking for a cut from people selling dodgey tickets outside the ground. Utilising what is in place.

Aye, it shouldn't be there in the first place. The fact is that it does exist, and with it's existence the clubs is taking money off the top, utilising it in it's favour rather than being taken for a total ride. People are complaining about stubhub beyond Tottenham and beyond football itself for valid reasons as you (collectively) are here, the difference is I haven't seen anyone other than the Spurs crowd try and destabalise it.

If it wasn't beneficial for us financially then ENIC wouldn't have it in place, a fashion that is evident in every day running of the club from top to toe. The tickets have been bought first from the club, then resold on with the club taking further money from them. Financially sound investment for something that shouldn't exist. Ticket touting has been going on for years before stubhub and will carry on after stubhub if you guys take it down. The difference is simply that with this system in place the club can redeem extra money from stubhub rather than asking for a cut from people selling dodgey tickets outside the ground. Utilising what is in place.
Other clubs fans are against it too, so that's wrong. Stubhub doesn't stop touting outside the club, it just legitimises it, means touts don't even have to leave their house. It's all very well saying it makes business sense, but when you have Man City fans celebrating their goals in the Paxton end, which is largely a knock on effect of stubhub, I'm still baffled as to how you can bat that off as just good business sense.

Other clubs fans are against it too, so that's wrong. Stubhub doesn't stop touting outside the club, it just legitimises it, means touts don't even have to leave their house. It's all very well saying it makes business sense, but when you have Man City fans celebrating their goals in the Paxton end, which is largely a knock on effect of stubhub, I'm still baffled as to how you can bat that off as just good business sense.
I haven't seen anyone other than Spurs try, if they exist, my apologies for the ignorance.

Somewhere in my post on the first page I denoted that I believe that there should be sections for different types of fans, and it would and should spread over to this criteria also. It, as I've read someone post on here before, creates a security risk having away fans in the home stand.

The system in place isn't perfect, but, it makes sense. I think there needs to be adjustments to the system in place in order to make it best for all parties, not just get rid of things because some people are unhappy with things. (eg. Yid chanting).

I haven't seen anyone other than Spurs try, if they exist, my apologies for the ignorance.

Somewhere in my post on the first page I denoted that I believe that there should be sections for different types of fans, and it would and should spread over to this criteria also. It, as I've read someone post on here before, creates a security risk having away fans in the home stand.

The system in place isn't perfect, but, it makes sense. I think there needs to be adjustments to the system in place in order to make it best for all parties, not just get rid of things because some people are unhappy with things. (eg. Yid chanting).
You don't think fans have the right to be at the very minimum consulted on some level about stubhub? They brought in a flawed model, without doing due diligence. The ticket exchange worked out fine, the STH made a small loss, that could have been worked out without having to go in the other direction.

What do you mean by "get rid of things"?

This article isn't about on field success. Not all fans agree, but it seems to me most of us accept that financially Enic are doing a fantastic job. For the most part watching tottenham over the last year has been a complete pleasure. Off the top of my head, I think we've beaten every team. We know that, in the last few years we can beat any team on our day. That certainly wasn't the case 15 years ago.

Yet, at the same time, us fans who stuck by are getting rinsed dry at every opportunity. Every club in the league got an extra windfall at the start of the season, from increased TV revenues. Yet prices continue to rise. Even though we spent loads in the transfer market, didn't we still end up making a profit?
That's one small example. Its clearly become an issue or it wouldn't keep getting brought up on a daily basis.

I don't mind so much having my pants pulled down, if I'm gonna get some decent sex, but Id at least like a smile and a few moans off appreciation while I get fucked.

You don't think fans have the right to be at the very minimum consulted on some level about stubhub? They brought in a flawed model, without doing due diligence. The ticket exchange worked out fine, the STH made a small loss, that could have been worked out without having to go in the other direction.

What do you mean by "get rid of things"?
We cannot simply get rid of something without putting forward a suggestion as to what should be implemented in it's place. What alternatives do we have that would replace stubhub? If there are no alternatives, then, we need to make the best of what we have, like ENIC are doing from what I see. To avoid the seating problems there should be, as previously posted, designated areas for different types of fans.

The job of the chairman/owner is to make money for the club, make it profitable and pump the money back in so the people in place do well on the pitch. In simple terms they have done this, maybe not perfectly, using everything available to them.

We cannot simply get rid of something without putting forward a suggestion as to what should be implemented in it's place. What alternatives do we have that would replace stubhub?

The ticket exchange system they had before seemed to work just fine.

We cannot simply get rid of something without putting forward a suggestion as to what should be implemented in it's place. What alternatives do we have that would replace stubhub? If there are no alternatives, then, we need to make the best of what we have, like ENIC are doing from what I see. To avoid the seating problems there should be, as previously posted, designated areas for different types of fans.

The job of the chairman/owner is to make money for the club, make it profitable and pump the money back in so the people in place do well on the pitch. In simple terms they have done this, maybe not perfectly, using everything available to them.
What has been suggested is either reverting back to the old system, or radically revamping stubhub. That has been suggested throughout this forum, social media, podcasts, everywhere.

Are tickets available online from Tottenham direct?

Not sure if serious...

wsGYBlr.gif

If you no longer go to games, in fact no longer even live in the country, a lot of the issues raised wont affect you. Things like Stubhub, NDP, the yid debate... they aren't things you'll have to face from behind your computer/phone/tv. So do you really think you are in the best position to comment?

If you no longer go to games, in fact no longer even live in the country, a lot of the issues raised wont affect you. Things like Stubhub, NDP, the yid debate... they aren't things you'll have to face from behind your computer/phone/tv. So do you really think you are in the best position to comment?
Are you indirectly saying that anyone who supports the club but doesn't go to games are inferior and thus opinions don't matter to those that do?

Are you indirectly saying that anyone who supports the club but doesn't go to games are inferior and thus opinions don't matter to those that do?
No, he's saying that some issues raised are more likely to be visible to those who attend games than those who don't. The growing discontent among fans who follow Spurs over land and sea, people who have been regular attendees for over 25 years feel distant from the club.

No, he's saying that some issues raised are more likely to be visible to those who attend games than those who don't. The growing discontent among fans who follow Spurs over land and sea, people who have been regular attendees for over 25 years feel distant from the club.
Are these the same fans from the era of cheaper ticket prices when the club nearly went into administration if not total bust?

hahaha i knew you'd retort with this. in fact i originally started my post with
"without meaning to get into another silly 'some fans are better than others' argument..."
Pathetic. Read my post. I simply said, do you think youre in the best place to comment?
DO YOU? actually answer the question instead of deflecting.
The way you are speaking on here is like you are telling me to sit down shut up and just accept what happens.
But you clearly arent representative of everyone on this forum. And you certainly dont represent me.
im simply saying, if you dont have to use stubhub its very easy to sit and defend it. but the fact people can buy up multiple season tickets with the view to sell them on FOR A PROFIT, Which is illegal, is wrong! And yet through loopholes both Tottenham Hotspur and Stubhub have found a way to profit from it, despite the fact that last season there was a system in place which found a way for fans to easily re-sell tickets to games they couldnt make at fair prices, whith minimal losses to all parties involved.

The problem here is yes Enic for 80% of the duties as owners of a club do a very good job and have helped get us stability and success as a club. The problem is the other 20% which you could argue is easier to do, the polish if you like, the issues raised here, just reaching out to us, talking about stubhub, offering support to 1882, just a word about stadium and all the other areas highlighted, is an easy win for the board to gain respect among the fanbase and any marketing person will tell you that makes great business sense - thats why it hurts, as its not that hard to do and not that costly compared to othr facets of running a club

are you intentionally not understanding what people post?
Not at all, no.

I think people are letting their persona feelings get in the way of what is for the greater good of the clubs financial survival. The fact of the matter is, opinions aside, that ENIC have done exactly what is needed of them over the last decade. Over the next decade I foresee us pushing on to bigger and greater things without the purchase from a billionaire. The petty arguments over things that are minuscule in comparison to the good that they have done are somewhat unneeded negativity getting in the way of progression.

Every person that supports Tottenham would run the club differently from the next, not many would get us into the position in which we stand today, whereby our greatest period in modern times have people moaning it's not good enough. Why can't we appreciate where we have come from where we have been and love the fact that on a shoe string budget we are touching toes with the big boys?

There does need to be adjustments in every part of the way the club is run, but, I see that what is in place is working with what we currently have in order to benefit the club as a whole. Financial stability, as hard as it is for most to accept, is much more important than fans getting little things their way. For without it, we wouldn't be where we are.

hahaha i knew you'd retort with this. in fact i originally started my post with
"without meaning to get into another silly 'some fans are better than others' argument..."
Pathetic. Read my post. I simply said, do you think youre in the best place to comment?
DO YOU? actually answer the question instead of deflecting.
The way you are speaking on here is like you are telling me to sit down shut up and just accept what happens.
But you clearly arent representative of everyone on this forum. And you certainly dont represent me.
im simply saying, if you dont have to use stubhub its very easy to sit and defend it. but the fact people can buy up multiple season tickets with the view to sell them on FOR A PROFIT, Which is illegal, is wrong! And yet through loopholes both Tottenham Hotspur and Stubhub have found a way to profit from it, despite the fact that last season there was a system in place which found a way for fans to easily re-sell tickets to games they couldnt make at fair prices, whith minimal losses to all parties involved.
Yes, anyone is in a place to comment.

Back
Top Bottom