Is winning all that matters?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So would I. But Id rather win 1-0 and play in an exciting way than win 1-0 and play dull.

Thats the comparison Im making, not "is it better to win or lose"
Your initial post read differently - to me at least

I think you would find most of people on here would rather win in style than dull

I thought most people on here thought we were winning in style before today
Style is very subjective plus your OP question seemed to address a larger 'generic' issue.

I find our crushing possession stats 'stylish' whereas someone like yourself refers to that as 'parking the bus' (!)

Although it goes against the grain, I'm definitely in the "win in whichever way we can" camp now. I've had up to here (pointing to the top of my head) with missing out by a point or two to make it to the CL places or winning a bit of silver.

In reality though we want a mixture of both. We want to turn on the style against the shit teams and twat 'em, then grab scrappy 1-0's wherever we can against the big teams. It's what teams like United have been doing for years and it's the most successful way.

If we're gonna play dull football i'd like us to at least win (almost as compensation) but if we're gonna lose, fuck it let's have a 7-6 or something ridiculous and have fun getting there.

I think this whole argument has only come about because we've lost a few scrappy games, if all of them had been like the Barcodes match there wouldn't be anywhere near as much outrage.

Back
Top Bottom