Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when you can post on this site like an adult, and conduct conversations like a normal human being, then I'll exchange views with you - until that time I'll restrict my responses to pleasant people who can agree or disagree without insults, aggression and being obnoxious.
Go find your fights elsewhere

Do you think Poch learned from his mistakes and showed progress yesterday?

I often wonder if just before a match Levy says to Poch "So who are you going with today then ?" I would imagine even he would have been a bit surprised with yesterday's choice after the midweek result. Anyway, it is what it is and we move onto Everton this Sunday.

Wolves away to Woolwich (possible draw takes them to 13 pts), Burnley away to Sheff Utd (possible draw takes them to 13 pts), Brighton away to Man Utd (defeat keeps them on 12pts), Villa at home to Liverpool (draw at very best puts them on 12pts)

Lose to Everton and they go above us on 13pts with a possibility that Wolves and Burnley could join them on that total. That could take us down to 14th. :(

It's been said many times before but this really is a must win game, especially if we are to stay in touch with the top half. This "away win monkey" needs lifting off our shoulders fast. I can honestly say that after the Liverpool game I haven't a clue what Poch has planned team wise but Rose is out of the equation. What I would like to see is, if the game is clearly not going our way, some proactive and immediate substitutions instead of Poch sitting there stony faced and grimly determined it will all come good in the end. Three points desperately required.

:coys:

I think we will finish just north of mid table, 7th or 8th. We have some quality players but we have a manager who currently seems to be making some bizarre decisions.

People can talk about Levy etc and blame him for our recent plight and I am not saying he is totally blameless but most of this is on Pochettino. Levy doesn’t pick the team (we assume) and neither does he motivate the players.

Pochettino had 11 full internationals on the pitch yesterday so quality must be there. I was surprised that he picked an out of form Ali and couldn’t believe he played an out of form/disinterested Eriksen- and then kept them both on for so long when both stank out the place.

I don’t buy the 18-24 month bedding in period that Poch talks about regarding our new signings- even if he is right I would rather he played Ndombele and Lo
Celso than the “fully bedded in” Ali and Eriksen.

All magicians lose their edge eventually- Poch is less Derren Brown these days and more the Great Suprendo from Crackerjack

I don’t buy the 18-24 month bedding in period that Poch talks about regarding our new signings- even if he is right I would rather he played Ndombele and Lo
Celso than the “fully bedded in” Ali and Eriksen.

It's bollocks. Players either fit in straight away or take time to settle; either way, they need as much first team football as possible; keeping them away from the team or reducing the amount of time they spend on the pitch achieves nothing and squanders whatever potential they might have.

We are in one but I don't think people will realise it til we actually sit in the bottom 3

So a couple of weeks time I reckon

All these people saying united or spurs are in relegation battles are morons. All it takes is a streak of 3 wins and a relegation team is way ahead of the pack. Dumb as fuck we are 10 games in... 3 which were away to City, liverpool, Woolwich.

we would have to play WAY worse than we already have been for the 75% of the season left.

All these people saying united or spurs are in relegation battles are morons. All it takes is a streak of 3 wins and a relegation team is way ahead of the pack. Dumb as fuck we are 10 games in.

Correct. There are at least three more hopeless sides in the league, they just don’t have the media circus circling around them like pundit-vultures who used to be paid-up members of rival clubs.

All these people saying united or spurs are in relegation battles are morons. All it takes is a streak of 3 wins and a relegation team is way ahead of the pack. Dumb as fuck we are 10 games in... 3 which were away to City, liverpool, Woolwich.

we would have to play WAY worse than we already have been for the 75% of the season left.

We have 23 points in 22 games, that is relegation form.

We aren't going to get a streak of three wins, we haven't had a streak of three wins in the premier league since February, what makes you think we are capable of it now?

People keep deluding themselves into thinking this is a blip or just a temporary loss of form, it isn't, just because we smashed a bunch of farmers in the champions league doesn't mean we are capable of turning a corner, especially when our manager is completely fucking shooting us in the foot before we even kick a football by insisting on putting players like Eriksen in the team.

We are going to be in a relegation battle if our form continues like it is and if the last 6 months are anything to go by in the PL, it will continue.

We were supposed to be looking up, having ambition this season and now Poch fans are happy with escaping relegation and getting in mid-table to hobnob with Sheffield and Crystal Palace (oh wait, both are above us).

Have a fucking word with yourselves.

BernardMatthews BernardMatthews fuck off put of here with your defeatist negative bullshit you absolute shit poster

Whats your problem??? Defeatist negative bullshit??? Literally put I think we are too good to go down. That’s negative in your world??Fuck me.

Read through this site. Go through multiple threads.

Relegation keeps being mentioned.

I’m interested to see who is saying what at this point and discuss it. Your reaction is a great one. What are you actually saying???

Fucking read and discuss.

Twat. Get the point of a forum - rather than just throwing words on a page with no fucking content to then.

You should lock down the votes- want to see where followers of Poch stand once we are in the relegation places. All living on a CL run that the club didn't show up in the final for.

It's closing in on 1.5 years of awful performances. Frank Lampard will win a trophy before Poch (well, that's easy coz Poch won win in his career). Players over Poch. Waiting for the man to be sacked, just hope it's not too late.

Back
Top Bottom