Is This The End Of An Era For Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another 'Arry revisionist memento. Who would have thought . . .

How about 'Thank you, Levy' for taking is from mid-table / relegation mediocre battlers on the brink of disaster under Sugar to Top 4 challengers and one of the best run clubs financially.

Not sure how you've deducted it's all downhill from here etiher - we have arguably our strongest squad in more than a decade! I for one am very excited to see how this young talent develops, hopefully with a manager to match in charge next season.

Stay positive, mate - we're a very good side all-round - and not so long ago on par with Villa and Everton!

Last edited:
Reading this i couldn't help but feel if this was an "era" that was coming to an end then actually i am quite happy.

An era of under performing, falling at the last hurdle and a couple of embarrassing FA Cup semi defeats, then good. Good bye era.

Roll on the next.

Liked some of the article, ie the nostalgic bits, without necessarily agreeing with all of it. I loved being in the Champions League and would love to be in it again, but if its not to be, then so be it. I would rather we won a trophy, any trophy, that's what its all about.

Reading this i couldn't help but feel if this was an "era" that was coming to an end then actually i am quite happy.

An era of under performing, falling at the last hurdle and a couple of embarrassing FA Cup semi defeats, then good. Good bye era.

Roll on the next.
I still can't get my head around the fact that we got humiliated by Portsmouth.

Dawson slipping on his backside, unfortunately this will be one of my main memories of his time. It's a shame.

Hopefully he scores a winner in EL semi or something soon.

Just goes to show how quick some are to forget Harry's bad days.

I think the top 4 over the next few years could be more not less fluid. Man city and chelsea are confirmed but Woolwich, Liverpool, ManU, Spurs even everton if someone decides they worth a bet can put a run together and get in.

The premier league is rampant world wide and that can draw in even more chancing billionaires. For example Aston Villa has the heritage if some one fancy's it. Even if Leeds and Newcastle with the right money could have a go. If more foreign money comes in and the league becomes more and more powerful. Then MANCHAV cant have all the players. Teams taking points of each other variable winners/top 4 that's a future I can forsee......

"Yes hello.. I'll be down in a minute i have taken the tablets you gave me"

Last edited:
Bored of reading the negativity half way through.

Best season we've had in years with a squad that doesn't know each other, if you can't see the beauty building within the ranks then you can follow Sol. It's not about the here and now.

Dawson slipping on his backside, unfortunately this will be one of my main memories of his time. It's a shame.

Hopefully he scores a winner in EL semi or something soon.

Just goes to show how quick some are to forget Harry's bad days.

I have certainly tried to forget those to semi finals. We really should have won something in the last few years.

Another 'Arry revisionist memento. Who would have thought . . .

How about 'Thank you, Levy' for taking is from mid-table / relegation mediocre battlers on the brink of disaster under Sugar to Top 4 challengers and one of the best run clubs financially.

Not sure how you've deducted it's all downhill from here etiher - we have arguably our strongest squad in more than a decade! I for one am very excited to see how this young talent develops, hopefully with a manager to match in charge next season.

Stay positive, mate - we're a very good side all-round - and not so long ago on par with Villa and Everton!

I think people have forgotten about the missed opportunities.. It's like ex-gf syndrome isn't it?

Anyway, always room for a sarcastic 'ifaketext.com' thing...

Daniel Levys phone found in Spurs Blog story exclusive!

563xqx4u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom