Is this club cursed?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this club cursed?

• Yes - the proof is in the pudding

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • No I don't believe in what can't be proved by science put your tinfoil hat back on

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
Nah. Every club gets key, terrible injuries and has mini crisis points in a season and fans of every club think they're getting hard done by.

We have no depth so it feels worse.
The difference is that it's only the latest, and least curse-like, in a long line of cursed events with this club.

We do have some utterly baffling unfortunate events in our history.

Not that I'm into woowoo.

Sometimes you think there’s something out there stopping us, as it’s never our turn

However I think its more to do with signing pig shit players and the board not putting the required capital in to compete that kills us, rather than some paranormal bollocks

No, it’s the foundations of glory. Glory is amplified by the height you had to climb and how steep it was. You earn it, suffer for it, and when you finally achieve glory it is worth much much more because if what you had to endure to get there. The likes of City, Utd, Chelsea, pool etc. have no clue what glory is. When they see us achieve it, they’ll spot something different happening but they won’t truly comprehend it, they’ll just hate is more because they cant feel ‘that’. But we will know full well what glory is. It isn’t a curse, its a fucking gift!

Sometimes you think there’s something out there stopping us, as it’s never our turn

However I think its more to do with signing pig shit players and the board not putting the required capital in to compete that kills us, rather than some paranormal bollocks
who are the pig shitters?...arent they out on loan already?

Come back when we finish 8th in the race for top 7 .

I reckon that’s roughly our expected target, based on having a new manager - new to the PL and new to this higher level of football. As well as having several starters having their first season at the club. Then you factor in the negativeness that Ange has to get rid from players after having been under the last 3 permanent coaches, and I’d say we are currently doing way above most people’s expectations.

We may have a few important players missing for several matches until the new year, but we have not lost any of those games yet, so let’s stay positive, get behind the players that are available and keep faith in Angeball.

For what it's worth, we had horrendous luck on Monday night and it will certainly impact us over the next couple of months, but if there is a 'positive' I'd say that it has come at a time when really we didn't expect to be doing anything amazing this season. Even without those injuries I don't see how we could have stopped the juggernaut of City - they look too good.

We're only just getting started with Ange, and he's only had one window to improve the squad. We'll hopefully have a better drilled, deeper team by the end of this coming summer; one that will hopefully be the side to bring us the success we're craving so much.

I guess what I'm saying is: give me an injury crisis now when by all rights we should still be getting to grips with Angeball than one during springtime in a genuine title race.

Yes!
bad luck omg GIF by Looney Tunes

Show me another club to whom BOTH these incidents happened to:
a972d9b1a86101782d8cb82276a7fa9d.jpg

lasagne-1024x682.jpg

...and I'll show you another cursed club!

We are LITERALLY the only club in the history of football FOR WHOM BOTH these chaotic, inexplicable events happed to ..

...hasn't happened before, and now, thanks to Goal Line technology, will never happen again.

I'm not saying 'cursed' but fuck ME I'm still waiting for the day all this shit evens itself out!!
You’re forgetting about coming fourth and missing out on champions league football! That will never happen again.

We are pretty unlucky, and no one can tell me otherwise, but we don’t help ourselves any favours either tbh. Handball in the CL final for instance. This club has been too focused on coming fourth or higher in the EPL and CL football and has completely disregarded the other competitions. Until we get some trophies under our belt, Caribou Cup, FA Cup, hell we should have bloody won the Europa Conference at the least! Look even at this years fixtures. We could have quite easily have got to the semis in the Carabou without much effort. Also, why did we sell Sanchez with no replacement? Say what you will about him, but he actually would have suited this system way more than Conte/Mourinhos setup.

City needed a last min goal to win the EPL and we need a bit of luck to do the same but we really don’t do a great job of putting ourselves in a great position to begin with. This year was always going to be a transition year so I’m not as hung up as others about this weeks events. I enjoyed the ride to date and I’m enjoying the football.

They've lifted that entire piece from here!!
I reckon one if not both of Tom Barclay & Kealan Hughes have LITERALLY been on TFC yesterday....

Everything about it, even the terminology of the first paragraph reads like summit ANYONE on here could've written!!!

....and as for the multiple line up options, it's pretty much the match thread from page 2 onwards!!!

Right, I know it's early for a Saturday, but I'll try again...

Are e you there Derek?

Derek?

Derek, can you hear me?

"Why don't youze fookin Fook off Billy yer fookin coont."

Sorry guys, I can't reach him at the moment. I'll try later.

GN7yjdJ.png

i think we are, you honestly tell me the shit that happened last weekend would happen to any other club

I honestly don't believe it could. Win today and it would be our biggest psychological win this season.

What we might lack in quality today I fully expect it to be made up by togetherness.

Big games needed by all, to take us back to the top of the pile.

A draw would also be okay.

Well let’s look at some facts…….
1: getting up ended by a dodgy pasta dish…..
2: your main asset+captain walking out and signing for a main+local hated rival….for free
3: getting done in for qualifying for a major tournament because again a main hated rival fluked a win….
4: which other club has ex+players quite openly disrespecting there former club at every opportunity?
5: sign a player for a then record fee only for the cunt to down tools almost immediately….
6: have Woolwich for a neighbour……

Show me another club to whom BOTH these incidents happened to:
a972d9b1a86101782d8cb82276a7fa9d.jpg

lasagne-1024x682.jpg

...and I'll show you another cursed club!

We are LITERALLY the only club in the history of football FOR WHOM BOTH these chaotic, inexplicable events happed to ..

...hasn't happened before, and now, thanks to Goal Line technology, will never happen again.

I'm not saying 'cursed' but fuck ME I'm still waiting for the day all this shit evens itself out!!

Even when it did even out Liverpool you’d swear the sky had fallen in or the sun didn’t rise for the day.

The entire premier league took offense to things going our way.
We're cursed then, as the PL are that external power.

If the PL are writing our scripts then we will be cursed forever as will every club in the pyramid outside their favourite anointed five

Even when it did even out Liverpool you’d swear the sky had fallen in or the sun didn’t rise for the day.

The entire premier league took offense to things going our way.

If the PL are writing our scripts then we will be cursed forever as will every club in the pyramid outside their favourite anointed five
Now you're getting it.

Back
Top Bottom