Is the Tottenham cockerel looking the wrong way?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What annoys me more is that, given the choice, we always attack towards the Paxton 2nd half. I know that the atmosphere isn't amazing everywhere these days, but it annoys me that the loudest support in the ground has to see any potential match winning, last-minute goals from 100 yards away whilst the players wheel away in celebration towards a bunch of fans who've spent most of the game in silence.

Surely it's best to attack towards the stand that has the most fervent support in the second half? So the fans are practically sucking the ball into the net. Also means the opposition don't get to celebrate with their fans for ages if they happen to score.

Isn't that why PL's a couple of quid cheaper than Paxton? Or did I dream it?
:walker:

If we finish 4th this season, they'll be facing precisely the right way, and all will be well in the World...

If we spunk it up again, then I'm going up onto the West Stand roof at the dead of night, with a rope & claw, and a spanner.... who's with me? :levyeyes: :adeninja:

*I actually wrote an article years ago (for Cock-a-Doodle-Doo & MEHSTG fanzines) about this VERY subject! The club didn't listen then, and I doubt they will now...
Maybe when the new stadium is being built we can suggest it BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Back
Top Bottom