Is the Europa league a stage too far?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no validity in not qualifying for the competition unless your good enough to win it and choose to opt out. Given we have not made a European Semi Final in a couple of generations I don't think we are good enough to win this. Therefore moaning about not being in it smacks of giving up before we have started. Qualify. Try everything to win. End of story. Success is not watching other clubs in Europe on Channel 5

A lot of this talk seems to be focused on how well we'd compete in the Champions League, which I think is a bit daft.

The point of getting into the top 4 is the money you gain from it. Whether we get knocked out of the knock out stages or not, we'd get £20-30 million. Has any team ever qualified for the CL for the first time and got into the Semi finals? I doubt it, and they shouldn't be expected to. We're not going to be competitive in the CL for at least 5 years, even if we qualified. We will be richer for it though.

One good thing about the Europa League is that it helps our European ranking, meaning when we do get Cl we will be seeded higher.

Pellegrini lead Villarreal into the semi-finals in their 1st CL campaign.
Leeds Utd.

The team trying to avoid being in the Europa next year but half of them will not be there ? Makes a lot of sense that. What about the fans ? If we get in it what is not a bad thing it's another way into the champions league because as already said who in the top 4 is going to go dog shit ? Then you go someone else like Liverpool who have missed out this year so if we are in Europa go all out to win it

Back
Top Bottom