Is Scott Parker Spurs’ worst ever player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
‘Scott Parker is the worst player ever to wear a Spurs shirt’ – is probably your opinion if you spent the weekend freebasing crack cocaine and touching yourself looking at Jodie Marsh pictures. With 4,800 other Spurs masochists, I travelled to Wigan on Saturday with reasonable expectations of a nervy away win only to watch our beloved team scrape a late 2-2 draw. Creditable player performances were as rare as working taps in the Paxton toilets after a game at [...]

Continue reading...

Everyone loves a scapegoat, the majority of his haters probably have a heavy dislike for the previous manager.

Good article, I'm really irritated with the vitriol aimed at Parker.

Our record with him starting games is pretty much identical to when Sandro's started games and our overall Prem record this season. So, he's not exactly a curse is he?

Not our worst player, no. But he isnt good either.

His contribution is meant to be stopping the opposition teams attacks and then simply releasing the ball to the nearest player who can actually do something with it.

What is the deal with him getting into positions that a player who has attacking credibility should be in!!

Against Wigan, Tom Huddlestone was sitting as the deeper player to great effect. So, IMO Parker needs to make way for tommy and then bring in Gylfi/Defoe.

To single out individual players in a team game is an absurdity.

Anti-social media merely provides an outlet for the ill informed, inconsequential and illiterate.

And there's a fuck of a lot of it about.

Yes, a number of people are going over the top to get their point across but the bottom line is he doesn't fit our style of play anymore. He is far too passive and kills our momentum going forward. He would still be very good in a more simplified role so AVB is just as much to blame as him for giving him a role he simply can't handle coming off his injury.

I don't think he fits in anymore, but that doesn't say much for him as a player. I still think he's good, and can still work, just maybe not for us anymore. People are maybe a bit too harsh.

He can and will work for us, but only against teams where we need a pure destroyer (our nearest rivals basically) and never paired with Hudd!

I'm still not really sold on Hudd anyway. His passing range is orgasmic, but when a team decides to press, it all goes to hell.

Discussion for another thread really.

He can and will work for us, but only against teams where we need a pure destroyer (our nearest rivals basically) and never paired with Hudd!

I think this season he has decided or been told to push further up than before something that does end in a lot of blind alley runs . I'm not blaming him really as I'm sure without the injury to Sandro he'd be a bit part player.

The players that have struggled most this season compared to last are the same ones that are most effected by no longer playing with Modric and Rafa imo - Assou-Ekotto, Parker and Adebayor.

A-fucking-men to this. Valid criticisms are one thing but vitriol and scapegoating of a player that works hard for the shirt is just saddening. We used to cheer on Sherwood and Jenas for God's sake, a taste of success doesn't give us the right to actually abuse players we don't rate so highly.

Back
Top Bottom