Is holtby our future scotty parker version 2.0

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holtby is already a legend IMHO.

His enthusiasm on and off the pitch is what's needed. Half time against Utd he was geeing all the players up as they came on from the tunnel.

On the pitch he is one of te few players for us who ALWAYS makes himself available for a pass, always moves in to space, always moves the ball on quickly and accurately. Plus he wins tackles (altho not always).

I honestly think playing him deeper alongside Sandro is the answer to those doubting his effectiveness.

Holtby is already a legend IMHO.

His enthusiasm on and off the pitch is what's needed. Half time against Utd he was geeing all the players up as they came on from the tunnel.

On the pitch he is one of te few players for us who ALWAYS makes himself available for a pass, always moves in to space, always moves the ball on quickly and accurately. Plus he wins tackles (altho not always).

I honestly think playing him deeper alongside Sandro is the answer to those doubting his effectiveness.
Agree up to the point where you say play him deeper! For me at the moment, he is the closest thing we have to an effective No:10! I think if AVB played him in that role (over Eriksen) he would get the best out of Soldado!

COYS!

Agree up to the point where you say play him deeper! For me at the moment, he is the closest thing we have to an effective No:10! I think if AVB played him in that role (over Eriksen) he would get the best out of Soldado!

COYS!

Perhaps for now, but certainly on Sunday Paulinho looked more dangerous the further up the field he was (don't rate him particularly as one of the two) and in the medium-long term I feel Holtby AND Eriksen would work (with Eriksen in the 10 role).
Or, as I was rooting for in the Fulham game, Lamela at 10 with Andros and Azza on each flank.

My point is, I think Holtby could provide that Modric role of picking up the ball from the back 4 and moving it forward (not saying he's the same league as rat face or even the same type of player - just can provide the same function)

Perhaps for now, but certainly on Sunday Paulinho looked more dangerous the further up the field he was (don't rate him particularly as one of the two) and in the medium-long term I feel Holtby AND Eriksen would work (with Eriksen in the 10 role).
Or, as I was rooting for in the Fulham game, Lamela at 10 with Andros and Azza on each flank.

My point is, I think Holtby could provide that Modric role of picking up the ball from the back 4 and moving it forward (not saying he's the same league as rat face or even the same type of player - just can provide the same function)
I hear what you are saying and like the idea of Lamala through the middle with LH feeding and supporting him!
Lamala will naturally draw players towards him. This will create space for Soldado to capitalize on! All this for me though has to be done at a much quicker tempo to what we have seen to lately!

Regardless of anything. I still feel, we will be there or there about's come april. As with the talent available, we can only get better. And will! I truly believe, we have bought character and that for me will eventually come through!

COYS!!

On current form and availability, I would like us at TSOL Like this..................

Lloris
Walker Chrives (spelt wrong) Vert, Knaughton

Sandro/Paulie
Holtby Townsend

Lamala (free role)

Soldado

An this is by the way the problem! On current form, What is our best starting 11?

Holtby is a player I already envision great things from but often get slagged off for that by my mates. There is no denying the boy has talent, always gives of his best, is tenacious like scotty parker was, and never ever ever stops running around for the team. I love the never say die attitude he has because it reminds me so much of how good parker was for us a few seasons back. I think in time as he adapts his game to the EPL he will get tough as nails and has what it takes to be a much much much better Scotty P type player for us. Once his skills have been honed properly he should become a club legend in his own right.
This comparison is a bit confusing. Holtby can pass while Scotty P is better suited for constructing crop circles. Either way , Lewis what a cracker tonight

The fact Lewis CAN score goal like he did last night, would put him ahead of Paulinho in the ACM position..... I'm not saying Paulinho can't score, he can, but last night's cow's arse/Banjo display would suggest that he's better with a set role, and not playing the 'maverick' position like Eriksen, probably Lamela if we put him there, or Holtby.
Btw, what with Sandro's goal on Sunday MORNING to go with last night's, our midfield is suddenly coming up with some corkers!!
Just need Robbie to scuff a few in from 2 yards and we'll be flying!

Back
Top Bottom