Is holtby our future scotty parker version 2.0

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holtby is a player I already envision great things from but often get slagged off for that by my mates. There is no denying the boy has talent, always gives of his best, is tenacious like scotty parker was, and never ever ever stops running around for the team. I love the never say die attitude he has because it reminds me so much of how good parker was for us a few seasons back. I think in time as he adapts his game to the EPL he will get tough as nails and has what it takes to be a much much much better Scotty P type player for us. Once his skills have been honed properly he should become a club legend in his own right.

I think he'll develop more as an attacking player than Scotty P ever was. If you look at his EL performances he's been a different far more creative player than in the EPL.

Holtby is a player I already envision great things from but often get slagged off for that by my mates. There is no denying the boy has talent, always gives of his best, is tenacious like scotty parker was, and never ever ever stops running around for the team. I love the never say die attitude he has because it reminds me so much of how good parker was for us a few seasons back. I think in time as he adapts his game to the EPL he will get tough as nails and has what it takes to be a much much much better Scotty P type player for us. Once his skills have been honed properly he should become a club legend in his own right.

He's far more gifted technically than Scotty ever has been (I say this as a big Parker fan) and is a very different type of player. Unfortunately, he's just not shown that in anything other than flashes since the start of the year.

They don't even play in the same position?

The former was a semi-clogger with extremely limited technical ability and exceptional work-rate. Good DM all-round who did a job for us at a specific time.

Holtby is a creative, attacking-mid who is around 10 years younger and has shown glimpses of great potential (especially considering what we paid for him). Writing him off so early in to his Spurs (better yet football!) career is ridiculous but in line with the general notion of instant gratification that seems to have settled amongst some of our fans over the last 4-5 years

He's deffinitely got ample talent potential, this is in an AMC nature. He needs to run out his energy a bit, slow down his haphazard thinking and start to mature and make better decisions. He will get there because he has 110% determination, but, I think he needs a good role model to follow.

Bringing in that old Itai will be good, not for the first team, but, for giving a good influence to all of our younger players.

I love the fact that we have so many young players to develop, and the moment I heard we were in for Holtby I was over the moon. Before coming to spurs he had already caught my attention as one to watch out for in the future. Now that he is here I am enjoying him as a player with heaps of potential and his off pitch antics are great. Follow him on many of his social media platforms. He has that feel good factor about him that parker used to have.

At Holtby's age Parker was much more of an attacking, goal-scoring box-to-box midfielder in a kind of Gerrard/Lampard type mould... Then two seasons in the reserves and on the bench for Chelscum changed him beyond recognition

At Holtby's age Parker was much more of an attacking, goal-scoring box-to-box midfielder in a kind of Gerrard/Lampard type mould... Then two seasons in the reserves and on the bench for Chelscum changed him beyond recognition

He has never been much of a goalscorer. One hot season, that wasnt even impressive

The early intake of free macdonalds , may have contributed to this burn out ,the long lasting side effects of mad cow,have yet to be released:windy:

I actually think he is very underrated and the signing of Eriksen didn't help this. I think he has a whole load of potential and hope that he gets a chance to show it but I am unsure where his best position is. I hope we give him a chance and don't just sell him on, or we as a fan base don't write him off too quickly. The boy obviously loves playing for Spurs and in my mind I can love him for that.

I think he is overrated personally.

Fair enough he runs around a bit, but it just seems like misplaced enthusiasm and he's knackered after playing 20 minutes.

On the upside, he does make a good Spurs TV Online video...... which i suspect is why many people find him so endearing.

You hate Scott Parker, we get it. :dawsonmean:

Not at all. The only thing I hate about him is that he doesnt play within his own limitations. As a DM, protecting the defence, winning the ball, giving it simple - I can think of none better.

As an AM? As a Box to box player? As someone you want on the ball to build plays? No, thanks.

I actually think he is very underrated and the signing of Eriksen didn't help this. I think he has a whole load of potential and hope that he gets a chance to show it but I am unsure where his best position is. I hope we give him a chance and don't just sell him on, or we as a fan base don't write him off too quickly. The boy obviously loves playing for Spurs and in my mind I can love him for that.
Agree! I think he has a decent (will improve) first touch and good vision and is always looking ahead and plays at a quick-ish tempo! I think he will only get better and if AVB, gives him a run of games, we could well see Eriksen side-lined! I would opt for Holtby over Eriksen! Of the 2, I think Holtby, will get the best out of Soldado! For me, at the moment, he is the closest thing we have to a No:10!

Back
Top Bottom