Is AVB getting a bit silly about GB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"When there are so many things that go well for the team it is hard to single out individuals but Gareth Bale is a world class player offensively and defensively, as he showed when he made the block at the end to prevent Swansea getting a draw."

er, yes he's an excellent attacking midfielder, but really, blocking a shot against Swansea doesn't make you WORLD CLASS DEFENSIVELY

AVB stop complimenting the players!

But really, what's he supposed to say?

No.
He is backing his players and instilling confidence. It's a management thing, tends to enhance performance and team spirit.
ricky_gervais_16246.jpg

er, yes he's an excellent attacking midfielder, but really, blocking a shot against Swansea doesn't make you WORLD CLASS DEFENSIVELY

I resent the notion that it's only Swansea. They are a very good attacking team, the fact that he was there to block the shot shows he has not only a great determination, but also a massive work rate. He could have hung around on the half way line waiting to make a run on the break.

So yes, when you factor in his all round game, that finish, that amazing pass, and his true grit to be back defending the team, yes he is World Class.

:balelol:

I resent the notion that it's only Swansea. They are a very good attacking team, the fact that he was there to block the shot shows he has not only a great determination, but also a massive work rate. He could have hung around on the half way line waiting to make a run on the break.

So yes, when you factor in his all round game, that finish, that amazing pass, and his true grit to be back defending the team, yes he is World Class.

:balelol:

Yes, but not defensively

(I might have missed some irony here)

(I think I missed some irony here)

(I missed the irony)

Yes, but not defensively

(I might have missed some irony here)

(I think I missed some irony here)

No Irony from me. I'm not saying he's a world class defender. Just that the fact he was back there working for the team shows there is so much more to his game than just breaking on teams.

What I liked is that he switched to LW later on in the match and got chances. Normally whenever he plays central , he stays central.

BALE BALE BALE BALE.

if you would READ his post you'd see it quite clearly that he's saying he's NOT a world class defender...

I funnied your reply because it was funny, or at least I hardly ever see a poster who just literally describes the situation - a breath of fresh air

Back
Top Bottom