information about the new spurs stadium? when and how?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without the 'kop end' it's just going to be another shit replica of the Emirates.
I'd rather have White Hart Lane with 36,000 seats than a 45,000 (or however many) seater which has no atmosphere.

I feel the same way.

It needs something to set it apart from the others and that wall of noise would be it.

If that model is just the one that was on display at the the earlier consultation I wouldn't be too worried for now.

Anybody know if it is still on display? Or where that picture comes from?

SpursUltra said:
Or where that picture comes from?
Exactly. Without provenance, the photo means nothing to me. It could be from a year ago, just like those Vertonghen quotes about wanting to play in Italy, rehashed now just to attract interest, get clicks, whatever.

When AVB and Levy stand over a model, and the model is without the wall, then I'll make sure my knickers aren't yet twisted so I could give them a torqueful wrench.

The club carried out extensive surveys to work out which parts of the ground would be in highest demand - if they've scrapped the single tier stand it's because nobody wants it....

Ben said:
SinghYid said:
Model of Tottenham's new stadium (at WHL)...

[ Image ]

I saw this on twitter ... it looks amazing!!! :baeshock:
that and another twit-pic posted earlier in the thread indicate we are no longer including the single tier end. That's a shame. :(

I've just been through the thread and I see no twit-pic that indicates we are no longer including the single tier end. Care to elaborate?

sammyspurs said:
Ben said:
SinghYid said:
Model of Tottenham's new stadium (at WHL)...

[ Image ]

I saw this on twitter ... it looks amazing!!! :baeshock:
that and another twit-pic posted earlier in the thread indicate we are no longer including the single tier end. That's a shame. :(

Neither pic show both ends
the original impressions had the wall at the north. At least I thought they did?

EDIT: could just have easily been the to the south I suppose so I take it back.

The original plans did not include the single tier, this was a revision.

Not sure they ever really detailed if it would be North or South. I suppose it makes more sense for it to be the south if that is the part they are building last. This way they can fully utilise the exec boxes while the stadium is being finished.

On that basis alone I would put good money on the South stand being the single tier.

SpursUltra said:
The original plans did not include the single tier, this was a revision.

Not sure they ever really detailed if it would be North or South. I suppose it makes more sense for it to be the south if that is the part they are building last. This way they can fully utilise the exec boxes while the stadium is being finished.

On that basis alone I would put good money on the South stand being the single tier.

in the plans it's its the south stand (the last to be built) and the away fans in north east corner, if i find the link ill post it,

One thing I always liked is how we have the away fans next to Park Lane. If they are moved to the other end, it will reduce the atmosphere.

The club is trying to put the fans as close to the action as possible to create a better atmoshphere, they've said that on a number of occassions.

henryp0p said:
The club is trying to put the fans as close to the action as possible to create a better atmoshphere, they've said that on a number of occassions.

Closer to the action doesn't always create a greater atmosphere and isn't the only key ingredient for it.

Just look at Anfield now. :gio: 95% of their games don't have much atmosphere at all.

You need to have our more vociferous support next to the away fans. One sings, the other tries to outdo* them. Most importantly, you must have the people who want to turn up and make noise supporting their team, this is dying out more and more in modern football.

*I don't know but I may have just invented a word there.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but there's something about this commercial that arouses me 26 seconds in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB490uu07S4[/youtube]

Éperons said:
I CAN'T SEE THE SINGLE-TIER STAND WHY DID THEY GET RID OF IT.

I don't think they have. It is due to be at the current park lane (south) end.

More info on the full Haringey Council plan for Tottenham as well. Including a stadium approach from White Hart Lane Station, a bit like Wembley Way I would assume (can be seen on page 53 of the document).

This is a plan for the whole of Tottenham, not just the football club.

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/a_plan_for_tottenham.pdf

Back
Top Bottom