I'm 30, my son is 8. In who's life time will we win the League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was 2 months old in May 1991, definitely wasn't good for me.

Had stories of my old man coming in the door pissed and singing Spurs songs to me though.
I was coming up 9 when we won the FA cup and my old man was starting to take me to games. It was some years later when I said to him "I can't believe you didn't go to the Semi and then the final" obviously I didn't go, so he didn't go, right? WRONG He did go to both and didn't take me.

I HAVE NO FATHER!!!

Now that the Sky4 have been broken up and we have again more of a sliding scale, it's much easier to see Spurs potentially moving up the ladder.

Man Utd have been out of sight this season but we've still (yes, still) got a genuine shot at second this year. AVB's first season. A season with "no" strikers, after losing Modric, RvdV and Ledders.

If we're capable of 2nd we're capable of building to 1st within the next couple of seasons. Not saying we will, saying we can. It would take some decent transfers and a run of luck but we why the fuck not.

I was coming up 9 when we won the FA cup and my old man was starting to take me to games. It was some years later when I said to him "I can't believe you didn't go to the Semi and then the final" obviously I didn't go, so he didn't go, right? WRONG He did go to both and didn't take me.

I HAVE NO FATHER!!!

I missed out on the Chelsea final in 2008 by about 10 LP's. My old man got a ticket and left me at home.

When he rang me after the final whistle there was some annoyance that I wasn't there, but we had just beaten Chelsea in the final and I was drunk in a pub under age, so not all bad.

I missed out on the Chelsea final in 2008 by about 10 LP's. My old man got a ticket and left me at home.

When he rang me after the final whistle there was some annoyance that I wasn't there, but we had just beaten Chelsea in the final and I was drunk in a pub under age, so not all bad.
I missed out by a similar amount.

I was 'fortunate' enough to see us against United, Pompey and Chelsea though.
I will eventually see us win at Wembley.

My only Wembley experience is the 5-1 smashing by Chelsea last season. Great day up until the game to be fair - and Wembley really is the most turgid bowl in football. CBA to go back to be fair

Contrary to popular belief, Levy does not own the club. He is a very effective Chairman who over sees the day to day running of the club, a puppet, if you like, but before you all go crazy, he is a very willing and capable puppet. Big Joe is the "man", he ultimately has the last say. He is rich, but he isn't stupid, (Joe). Tottenham has been run in the most part, very effectively in the last 10-13 years, nudging the big boys in the last four years. It's not perfect by any means, but be careful what you wish for. ENIC have brought stability and more recently, a team/club capable of competing. Levy will be at the helm for as long as Joe Lewis wants him there, or until he sells.
We have a big advantage on the Utds,City's,Chelski's in the fact that we have cut our cloth according to our income and are still on their heels. That is something to be proud of, when they are brought back into line financially, you will get a better idea of how competitive football will be in this country in the next few years, and don't be surprised if a Major club in the premier/la liga/serie a goe to the wall in the near future.
Please enlighten us all with why you dislike my comments regarding this post. :dempsey:

Well I don't think we'll win the league under ENIC, so first off let's see how long they last.

Then of course depends who comes in, we need a Chelsea/City type owner.

My boss is a Chelsea fan used to go in the 80's and 90's. He says that he never believed they would even get to a cup final, let alone achieving their recent success. We all know that this is down to their current owner, but none the less, it has happened in his lift time.

Will we do it the Man U way, and take a generation to get there, or buy our way there?

You will see it, we will do it the righteous way & it will have more glory & honor than team raping United, the plastic Russian Oil subsidized Chavs, The Rag head Shiek plaything Man City, The Mega rich teams like Barca & Real.

They will all look on in awe, sigh a little, let out a small tear of jealousy & feel overcome with emotion as they see us do it 'the righteous way' playing the best football .... not buying the best footballers.

One by one they will start clapping slowly ..... Messi first, then that greasy twot Ronaldo, then Terry the dirty coont, then more and more will join in until every fake, mercenary, glory hunting f*cktard player concedes we did it the right way & it shames them.

We are Tottenham, super Tottenham...... from the fookin lane!!!!!

COYS :ledleylick:

Rather not, ta, I value mine and the club's soul

Amen-37893061682.png

Back
Top Bottom