If you had to take one over the others.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which striker would you prefer

• Total voters
The bulldog boy is just trolling and looking for a reaction as usual, but, for what it's worth, once you tear your achilles tendon it never fully heals to the same extent as it was before. He could well lose his pace after this. Previous players who have suffered it have either simply not been as good after rehabilitation or have retired.

A huge risk to take in the summer under those circumstances.

Depends on the price, if we lose out on Lukaku, Bony and Remy and Benteke is there at a cut price would it be worth a punt?

Depends on the price, if we lose out on Lukaku, Bony and Remy and Benteke is there at a cut price would it be worth a punt?
The thing is that you have no idea at this stage how well the injury will heal. When John Barnes suffered this he was never the same player afterwards.

Buying a player is a risk as it is, as last year's merry-go-round showed so well. Do we want to add an even greater risk into the mix?

The guy is going to be crocked throughout the transfer window so there is no way we would be able to judge whether or not he'd be able to return to a sufficient level of play for it to be worth a punt.

Last edited:
and?
Its a fucking horrible injury. Awful to recover from, and I believe that some people never do, properly.
Speaking from experience (and we can add ACLs, knees, etc.) - each individual recovers differently - with younger folk (sub 25) having an advantage in general. Yes, he might develop a weaker tendon as a result but it's by no means guaranteed. I'd say chances are 50/50

Who so touchy, old buddy - it's Friday after all
I'm not a surgeon or physiotherapist, so I am not in a position to post statements about tendon/ligament injuries, or lay out odds on recovery. But I do have a daughter who tore her achilles tendon, and know what it has done to her, her fitness and even her career, and how long term the ramifications of the injury are. It happened to her at 21.

I'm not a surgeon or physiotherapist, so I am not in a position to post statements about tendon/ligament injuries, or lay out odds on recovery. But I do have a daughter who tore her achilles tendon, and know what it has done to her, her fitness and even her career, and how long term the ramifications of the injury are. It happened to her at 21.
I tore mine at 17 - was out for more than a year. Doctors did a great job and haven't had issues since (do a proper warm-up, etc.), having spent most of my time in amateur football. At the time surgeons told me the chances often are 50/50 - just putting it out there, that's all

Back
Top Bottom