If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
No way is the season being voided. The leading EFL clubs have already threatened to sue.

The 22 club proposal is just a stupid joke

The only possible outcome is to complete the season and the PL are desperately hoping that can be achieved before the end of June when player contracts expire (where applicable). Imagine having the window opened with 7/8 games left to play.

The stance for now will be to complete the season before the end of June, but as and when things get worse (and they will, before they get better) this might change.
My preference is null and void and a firm but well meaning pat on the back for LFC. :mourbye:
:dembelefingers:
Clubs can sue who ever they like. There is nothing illegal about declaring null and void to a season when there is war or a pandemic. It will thrown out of court. There is no where in T&Cs to say the PL can not do that. It’s a media hype without basis.

So an extra 40 games + additional CL matches potentially kicking off a number of weeks after the last one finished leading into the Euros next year.

Hmm. Not saying you're wrong but closing out this season in some reasonable timeframe is a better option all around, it's just not something that you can bank on.

It would certainly be preferable, I just can’t see it happening. Perhaps we’ll see some closed doors games rushed through in May / June, but I expect the virus to be at its height then. The FA would likely have to go against Government policy, which it would never do.

With UEFA now confirming that the 2020 will become the 2021 European Championships that has a knock on effect to the EPL season 2020/21

In order to give the planned four week break for International sides to prepare for the Euros the next EPL season will have to end by the third weekend in May (as was planned for this season) That means stating the EPL season any later than the second weekend in August (again like this season) will be very difficult.

Extending this season past the end of June is looking legally, contractually, and now even with regard to simply starting next season on time, less and less realistic.

Its entirely possible that there will be no 20/21 season either. tens of millions of people are going to die this year. Football is not really a priority.

Have you seen ‘sir’ Kennys latest piece. Not an iota of consideration to anything other than Liverpool must be able to finish the season

and again, the message, that any other notion mustn’t come to pass

’it’d be totally out of order’

the fucking victim mentality this lot have is insufferable. everything revolves around them

people sick , ill, worried .... economies suffocating

void the fuckin season it’s done... wipe your tears and shut your mouth

Kenny the enlightened one should know better
I especially liked the way he shoehorned Cove Rangers into it to show that it’s not just about the hubcap thieves. Give it up Sir Kenny, you wouldn’t know Cove if you were there on holiday.

With UEFA now confirming that the 2020 will become the 2021 European Championships that has a knock on effect to the EPL season 2020/21

In order to give the planned four week break for International sides to prepare for the Euros the next EPL season will have to end by the third weekend in May (as was planned for this season) That means stating the EPL season any later than the second weekend in August (again like this season) will be very difficult.

Extending this season past the end of June is looking legally, contractually, and now even with regard to simply starting next season on time, less and less realistic.

It was also planned to start 2020-21 earlier than normal to start to account for the enormity of the fucked up corruption that is Qatar hosting a world cup in November/December 2022 and therefore disrupting all global leagues.

Maybe November/December just becomes the new summer.... we aim to complete 2019-20 and 2020-21 and 2021-22 and we all kick off 2022-23 in January 2023. Have I added a season in there? My head hurts.

Premier League bosses have a plan to play remaining fixtures behind closed doors at neutral venues.(Sun)
Yup because for a relegation threatened side with a potential home "6 pointer" having already played the reverse fixture away in front of a hostile crowd .... that's just the same as playing at a neutral venue ... where's my lawyer

Interesting that 'talks' regarding EPL are separate to that surrounding the EFL....

Doesn't bode well when one considers the issue of promotion/relegation and the holistic ramifications of all this chaos.

Interesting that 'talks' regarding EPL are separate to that surrounding the EFL....

Doesn't bode well when one considers the issue of promotion/relegation and the holistic ramifications of all this chaos.

The PL are completely separate - the clubs decide what happens on a 14/20 majority.

The FL is the other 72 clubs, all run by a governing body.

The PL are completely separate - the clubs decide what happens on a 14/20 majority.

The FL is the other 72 clubs, all run by a governing body.

I know they are in corporate terms, but it's a pan-football matter.

As I say, it doesn't bode well in terms of a harmonious solution.

I know they are in corporate terms, but it's a pan-football matter.

As I say, it doesn't bode well in terms of a harmonious solution.

I agree

What I meant was it doesn't really matter what Leeds and West Brom say or do about the PL, are they really going to try to join a group by suing them??

I agree

What I meant was it doesn't really matter what Leeds and West Brom say or do about the PL, are they really going to try to join a group by suing them??

No, I'm not suggesting that a champo team suing the EPL will lead to them attaining EPL status next season.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at tbh.......

It all depends on how quickly it passes through europe and right now nobody knows

I understand why liverpool are desperate to finish but how? Until the virus has gone nothing can happen. If it's gone in August then what? If its may then fair enough you have a case

I think they will end up just voiding the season but they cant really do that until the very last minute.

No way is the season being voided. The leading EFL clubs have already threatened to sue.

The 22 club proposal is just a stupid joke

The only possible outcome is to complete the season and the PL are desperately hoping that can be achieved before the end of June when player contracts expire (where applicable). Imagine having the window opened with 7/8 games left to play.

The stance for now will be to complete the season before the end of June, but as and when things get worse (and they will, before they get better) this might change.
My preference is null and void and a firm but well meaning pat on the back for LFC. :mourbye:
:dembelefingers:
April and May are supposed to be when things are at their worst. Then there will have to be some kind of pre-season in June since nobody is training. How are they going to play 9 games (10 for some) in about a week?

It would certainly be preferable, I just can’t see it happening. Perhaps we’ll see some closed doors games rushed through in May / June, but I expect the virus to be at its height then. The FA would likely have to go against Government policy, which it would never do.

Can you imagine Everton v Dippers for the title behind closed doors?
There will be half a million scousers crowded close proximity outside those doors!
Just look how many of us went to madrid with no chance of getting in the ground/

ps PSG had thousands outside when they played Dortmund and I wonder how many of them are suffering from the virus now?

On a personal level, as long as they can do it without risking the health of all involved, I would sacrifice having to watch Liverpool officially winning the title, if it meant we had some fucking football to watch to take our minds off this shitty situation.

Back
Top Bottom