IE issues?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spooky

The Fighting Cock
Also, does anyone know why my IE browser closes every time I try to open The Fighting Cock Forum page? The main page is stable but the browser collapses as soon as I click on the Forum link. It is so frustrating…

I'm trying to get more info from the user in question. Wanted to know if anyone else has experienced any issues with IE.

Either get a more recent version of IE or use compatibility view, if neither of those work then I'm sure Case would know.

Ah, the mighty Internet Explorer.

I've tried it in IE8 & 9 and it worked so I guess it could be IE7. I've had problems in the past with IE when you have certain toolbars installed.

I'll keep testing, see if I can find out what's going on.

TFC browser stats...

Chrome 27.58%
Firefox 22.51%
Safari 21.20%
Internet Explorer 18.06%

On my laptop running vista with ie8 this happens, it fails then the tab gets recovered on every link.

I just stoped using it, what spooky said is correct, ie is pants.

The newest version is probably the worst yet. Tabs take ages to open and view when switching between them, they've tried to copy chrome and strip out all the menus but have left dead space at the top of the window where the minimise/maximise/close buttons are and it never seems to remember usernames/filled in form fields. Also I design websites for a living and it is a motherfucker to get sites to display on it like they do on other browsers.

Back
Top Bottom