I *heart* Big Tommy's Balls

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of my early 'Start a new Song' efforts a few years ago... to the Superman Theme:

"TOM, TOM-TOM-TOM-TOMMMM, TOM, TOM, TOM...
TOM, TOM-TOM-TOM-TOMMMM... HUDDLE-STONE!"

Sadly, will never catch on now, due to Super-Jan!

I loved this one. Heard it in the Park Lane a few times. Even funnier if you can get the intro bit in:
Tom-tom-tom. tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom. tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom...

Funny story. Saw Tommy H in a London club one time. It was early so there weren't that many other people around and I decided to go up and say hi. I asked him if he'd heard the superman song we sing about him. He said no. I offered to sing it to him. I did. He looked completely non-plussed.
TO be fair, I was pretty drunk and the music was quite loud, so would have just sounded like me shouting his name at him loudly to no particular tune. :hudd:

Gentle touch or firm touch, either way I hope big Thudd manages to touch one in to the net sometime soon...he really needs his hair cut!

I have been quietly pleased that Hudd has been putting in some decent shifts after so long a time out.

'That pass' to Bale for the first goal is exactly what he does bring to the table and against particular oppositions for unlocking defences. The ability to see the movement, and make the pass with that level of precision is vastly under-rated in favour of some midfielders who simply have 'a good engine'. He may still have the turning circle of Vannesa Feltz in a Lidl, but that tends not to be a part to his game that wins or loses.

There was a time a few seasons ago when lennon, bale, hudd and modric was the perfectly balanced midfield. These days as part of a defensive two he can still turn defence to attack with a single pass which hadn't seen since Carrick took his weasel faced mug up to United.

I am pleased (as Belgian and a few others will know) that he is doing OK so far this season.

Thought he played really well yesterday but he was well off the pace v Chelsea. Thats the problem, against the better players, he struggles.

Probably because the Saints midfield gave him so much time and space on the ball in the first half it was un-real.

Dont get me wrong i love a bit of Cuddlestone, and its all good being able to stroke the ball around like that but you've got to be able to do it under pressure.

Plus he looked like the side of a garage with an afro. Should be playing rugby.

As for Livermoore....jesus. :avbcringe:

But if Mousa is back he will have to accept to play second fiddle , his passing is far superior vs Mousa but the Belgian is better at almost everything else football wise
There are certain games where I'd play him at the back, with Dembele and Sandro in front, those teams with weak attacking opposition who want to park the bus for 90mins. His defensive work wouldn't need to be that great with those two in front and his range of passing from the back release bale and lennon into space even quicker.

Not many games, but just a few where a plan B is needed.
As I have mentioned previously, as an 8 year old Saturday footballer the coach drummed into us that 'the balls can move quicker than we ever could' so speed of decision making and accuracy in the pass was always more important. Of course that was some time ago now........

What I do like that we have depth still in the central roles currently, it is width where we struggle.

:sandro:

No, no Sandro. Not like that.

Or maybe.

You know it's true, Tommy's been floating in some absolute delights the last few matches, with obvious results tonight when he hooked up with Bale. (gif anyone?) The set pieces against Maribor too.

I had no idea such a big man could have such a gentle touch :kaboul:

One of my early 'Start a new Song' efforts a few years ago... to the Superman Theme:

Thought he played really well yesterday but he was well off the pace v Chelsea. Thats the problem, against the better players, he struggles.

I think at a glance Hudd seems to slow the game down, but he has actually grown into a player who dictates the pace of our game. His off the ball movement is excellent, and he is always available in space.

Its a very different game with Tommy in the middle, but he has proven down the years, that that isnt a bad thing.

Dammit, it took me several attempts to sing this in my head to the Superman theme instead of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I think it depends on his performance. Against Maribor I thought he really did slow down our game a bit.

Against Southampton, he seemed sharper and able to get the quick balls out of his feet. May be down to better fitness, may be down to Southampton letting him do what he does best.

The question is, now that its so big, will he really lose the 'fro when he scores?

I loved this one. Heard it in the Park Lane a few times. Even funnier if you can get the intro bit in:
Tom-tom-tom. tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom. tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom-tom...

Funny story. Saw Tommy H in a London club one time. It was early so there weren't that many other people around and I decided to go up and say hi. I asked him if he'd heard the superman song we sing about him. He said no. I offered to sing it to him. I did. He looked completely non-plussed.
:hudd:.

Fookin ' hell... that would've been me, as I was the only cunt singing it!

Please let's get this going in the 1882 End/East Upper against Maribor... seeing as he'll probably be playing... either that or God Save Our Ledley King... either one, and i'll be happy!

Big Tom's gonna have to make a big step up and take a pivotal role in the first team now the Moose is out for a while. I believe he can do it, because he's been that good before.

At the start of 2010/11 I remember thinking he'd reached a point where he could become the future and heartbeat of the Spurs midfield alongside Modric. Even if he's still trying to pick up the trade again after a long time out of the game, he's got natural skills you can't just lose.

'Benny is the main man for Afros at this club, but he’s probably got two or three years’ growth there - I hope it doesn’t take me that long to score a goal.' :bae:
(on a side note why the hell isn't there a benny-fro-smiley?)

Back
Top Bottom