Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really looking forward to his farewell at half time. Could be real emotional.

But also kinda sad Kane didn't have such a farewell.
d43edc_185127cd260c4cd4a62d37b3a762ddce.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for the memories, Hugo. There was one point early on in his time with us that he was arguably the only “world class’ player on our books. He could have gone elsewhere for trophies but chose to stay. You’ll always be a legend in my eyes, mon capitane. Good luck in MLS.

Big clap for Levy for paying a loyal club legend the 'majority' of what he was actually entitled to for his fucking contract.
If Levy had paid the full amount and held him to the terms of the contract then the chances are that the LA opportunity may well have passed.

By agreeing a move to LAFC before the end of his fixed length term , he didn’t fulfill his contract and wasn’t entitled to the full amount.

They negotiated an early release which sounds as if it treated Lloris generously. Everyone’s happy with the outcome.

Edited to add: Hugo was excellent for us and loyal but not a legend.

If Levy had paid the full amount and held him to the terms of the contract then the chances are that the LA opportunity may well have passed.

By agreeing a move to LAFC before the end of his fixed length term , he didn’t fulfill his contract and wasn’t entitled to the full amount.

They negotiated an early release which sounds as if it treated Lloris generously. Everyone’s happy with the outcome.

Edited to add: Hugo was excellent for us and loyal but not a legend.
Sounds as if they treated him like anyone else they wanted out the door with time left on their contract.

You think any agent is letting their client leave without getting the majority of what they're entitled to?

Sounds as if they treated him like anyone else they wanted out the door with time left on their contract.

You think any agent is letting their client leave without getting the majority of what they're entitled to?
I’m just pointing out simple contract law.
Lloris could have stayed at which point he would have been entitled to the full amount. I daresay that he would have had to pass up his current opportunity. Both sides did financially what was best for them. We call that a win-win in my industry.

Oh dear.

We didn't have to let him go early, it was entirely our prerogative to keep him at the club and make him see out his contract, the point is that we let him go when he found a club and paid him off so he could move on a free.

Back
Top Bottom