Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very disappointed Hugo did this. He should be stripped of the captaincy, fined and apologise. Privately the club should offer support, if needed.

Footballers shouldn't drink at all during the season, they're highly trained athletes. Kane has the right idea.

I think Poch will have a very, very long chat with Hugo, take away the captaincy, but ultimately support him so long as he feels Lloris is absolutely sorry about the whole thing.
Always figured Kane would be getting that captaincy sooner or later - but stone me I didn't think this would be how.

giphy.webp

Obviously there is never an excuse to drink drive, but let's wait to see what happened. For example, if he had two beers and was just over then that is not so bad. (Edit: it is still unacceptable)
Funny story alert: I remember getting in a car when I was 17 with my mate who promised me he had only had 1 drink (which is still against law I believe). Literally after 5 seconds he reversed into a recycling truck and the back windows shattered (there were also three other people in the back). He panicked and ran off. I gave the truck driver his number and details. Fortunately, the driver did not see my friend run off and did not suspect we were drunk. Anyway my friend came back and told me he had drunk 6 pints and 4 shots. I was livid. He actually drove the car home minus all of us.

Last edited:
Really disappointed in this. Yes, it sounds like he's not hurt anyone, but that's not the point. The chances of that potentially happening were increased.

Also, for them to have kept him in custody for 7 hours(!!) means it must've been pretty bad, surely? Or is that standard practice to keep somebody in overnight?

I expect Poch to punish him for this, and worry what impact this'll now have on our season.

Very disappointed Hugo did this. He should be stripped of the captaincy, fined and apologise. Privately the club should offer support, if needed.

Footballers shouldn't drink at all during the season, they're highly trained athletes. Kane has the right idea.
I wouldn't refuse them the solitary glass of red with their steak, but no footballers should be drinking to inebriation during the season.

... and even then, they can afford a driver.

I'm pleased at the Spurs fans approach to this though. We are all at the agreement of it being fucking stupid and Lloris has let everyone down.

We all know what would be happening if this was a Liverpool player. Probably saying the police have an agenda or the whole thing was a conspiracy to stop our good run to the season. Police were Man Utd fans or something.

Kane's rule of no alcohol during the season sounds like a good universal rule for the squad right about now
I don't think that is fair, to be honest, as long as they are responsible and it doesn't effect their work (clearly Lloris was not responsible in this case). However, given the strict diets modern footballers are on, I very much doubt that this is something Poch wants to see regardless of his decision making.

I don't think he should play on the weekend, but I also don't think he should be permanently stripped of his captaincy.

Really disappointed in this. Yes, it sounds like he's not hurt anyone, but that's not the point. The chances of that potentially happening were increased.

Also, for them to have kept him in custody for 7 hours(!!) means it must've been pretty bad, surely? Or is that standard practice to keep somebody in overnight?

I expect Poch to punish him for this, and worry what impact this'll now have on our season.
Standard practice I believe. Breathalyzers are incredibly inaccurate. They have better tests at the station. I have known someone to delay a reading by 6 hours before (and they got off).

On social media of course he will now be portrayed as a cross between Fred Wed & Jimmy Saville.

And not without a reasonable amount of justification in my eyes. OK, he didn't kill anyone, but fuck me how much shit has this forum given Alonso for his misdemeanour. Luck is the only differentiator.

*Should* Hugo be proven guilty of course.

I'm pleased at the Spurs fans approach to this though. We are all at the agreement of it being fucking stupid and Lloris has let everyone down.

We all know what would be happening if this was a Liverpool player. Probably saying the police have an agenda or the whole thing was a conspiracy to stop our good run to the season. Police were Man Utd fans or something.
Someone with a higher tolerance for cunts than me should go on RAWK and check out the Firminho thread from when he was done for drink driving. Would wager they turn it into a victimhood issue within 5 minutes.

Edit:

Back
Top Bottom