Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree. I think having a World Cup Winning captain in your ranks can only be good for the team. I think we could do with a genuine winner in our ranks after so many coming close
A good quality signing will have much more of an impact than having a WC winner in our team. It didn't make west ham good!

I don't think Lloris winning the world cup will suddenly propel us to glory, particularly given that it will remind roughly half our squad how agonizingly close they came themselves.

But I cant see anyone NOT wanting Lloris to win it for some reason. That's strange to me. Anyway, Vive la France and all that.

Is anyone really saying Lloris winning the WC would propel us to glory?

I think alot of us are just happy to support one of our own (our very own captain to be precise) go and win the tournament.

I don't think Lloris winning the world cup will suddenly propel us to glory, particularly given that it will remind roughly half our squad how agonizingly close they came themselves.

But I cant see anyone NOT wanting Lloris to win it for some reason. That's strange to me. Anyway, Vive la France and all that.

Hugo not only winning the cup but being the player that marshalled his team to winning it as the teams captain will do him the World of good when it comes to the knowledge that he can pass onto younger players looking to him when we need guidance. He's an exceptional professional who will instill belief into the team psychologically which might be required when it's backs to the wall time in big games.

Personally I think having a calming, influential, composed World Cup winning captain as captain of your club will only make our team better. I believe it will only be a good thing for our relatively young team, youth setup, and the nurturing of all of the mental traits required based on behaviour, professionalism and what focus can achieve regardless of the knocks you have in your career (he lost the Euro 16 final remember but never let his head drop which I think will be a great example for any player that needs to turn to someone when their heads drop or belief in themselves wades)

Young players willing to learn will ask him for advice, look up to him and believe in him a little more when he tells them what to do. It will definitely help enhance our reputation globally as he's earned this moment for his national team in a Spurs shirt and it could very well turn him into a better goalkeeper with that monkey off his back. Definitely positives psychologically to having a true champion in our ranks. Tomorrow I'm backing Hugo all the way

Last edited:
Hugo not only winning the cup but being the player that marshalled his team to winning it as the teams captain will do him the World of good when it comes to the knowledge that he can pass onto younger players looking to him when we need guidance. He's an exceptional professional who will instill belief into the team psychologically which might be required when it's backs to the ball time in big games.

Personally I think having a calming, influential, composed World Cup winning captain as captain of your club will only make our team better. I believe it will only be a good thing for our relatively young team.

Young players willing to learn will ask him for advice, look up to him and believe in him a little more when he tells them what to do. It will definitely help enhance our reputation globally as he's earned this moment for his national team in a Spurs shirt and it could very well turn him into a better goalkeeper with that monkey off his back. Definitely positives psychologically to having a true champion in our ranks. Tomorrow I'm backing Hugo all the way
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that aspect of it, as I genuinely feel you're making more of it that it's worth. We both want Hugo to win, that's what matters!

You want a player that tried to engineer a move to Chelsea to win it ahead of our long-serving, loyal captain?

Each to their own but I find that quite hard to understand.
I just like croatia & not france. I don't pick countries I want to win purely on if they have any spurs players playing for them. If ireland played france, I'd want ireland even though france have lloris & ireland have no spurs players. But each to their own if others would want france.

I like croatia but not france. I see it as france v croatia, not lloris WC winner v lloris not WC winner.

Pretty sure you're not Croatian and as per your portrayal you liking is not about players, so question remains what kick would you get out of them winning that would surpass the pleasure in seeing our captain succeed?

OR similarly, what is it about Croatia that endears them to you more than the fact that our loval captain is leading their oppo?

Back
Top Bottom