How will the change of manager affect our starting team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think with Sherwood and Ferdinand the Defoe wankfest is going to start again and Soldado would be on the bench and at risk of being sold in January or at least next summer.

I'm hoping we say 'fuck it', recall Carroll, and give more of our famously 4-3-3-based youngsters (I'm including Lamela in this category) some game time. I've long written off this season anyways, so we may as well focus on integrating players for next season and whoever the new coach is, and work on the style of play we want to see here in the long term the way Swansea did years ago. That probably means the continuation of some really shitty results for the near term, but we really, really need some kind of overarching footballing ethos to guide our choice of players, managers, and coaching if we *really* want to play like Porto or Ajax or Dortmund or whatever philosophy some famous club has been embodying for a long time.

We could nab Pep and we wouldn't magically turn into Barca overnight. We need things like time and investment and astute transfer decisions as much as we need some genius manager/'Head Coach'.

The major change will probably be Sherwood playing more traditional wingers. Maybe Bobby Soldado and Defoe pairing up simply because the media have been bitching and moaning for it to happen. Also see Lamela with more playing time and Lennon with less :/ but what the fuck do I know.

The team V Saints will probably look like this

Lloris; Walker Daws Vlad/Cap Rose; Holtby Siggy Eriksen Lamela Soldado Townsend

Maybe Defoe in there somewhere

There won't be any radical changes I suspect till at least a week into the transfer window, and maybe later than that. Much depends on how much we spend and whether any of our 'fitness troubled players' like Kab, Sandro and Dembele can get properly fit.

I just prey we get some speed up.

My wife and her family are all west ham, my dad is saints and my sisters boyfriend is Liverpool.

This could be the worst week of my life. :memeokay:

If the players on wednesday just feel about half the relief that I feel tonight it will be a hell of a game. I would like to see Lamela Eriksen Soldado if all fit. Can someone remember them playing together? We have a lot of options left to fail in brand new ways. time to get optimistic the worst part of the season is over because I want to believe
COYS

People are overlooking Ramsey in all this as well. I'm pretty excited to see the three of them line up a more attacking team.

I don't think we'll see anything earth shattering in terms of personnel change, just a change in play.

The only thing any new manager needs to do is play to our strength's.

Away from home we keep our current tactic of being hard to break down and counter, whilst we play fast paced passing game and lots of deliveries into the box at home.

We have to try and kill teams off rather than hold onto an edgy win and end up drawing or losing.

If we have Dawson at the back, or slow central defenders we do away with the high line and try not to play players out of position, especially at the back.

It only takes for us to play the way we know our players can play rather than try and force something unnatural onto them with a rigid stricture.

We have a fantastic squad, just keeping it simple and allowing the players to do what they are best at doing is all that's required, along with someone who the players feel they can play for.

I've no idea if Sherwood will do well but he knows alot of the English players and they are still our most experienced and influential players in the dressing room. As long as everyone feels the love then we will do well. We may not achieve all we want but attacking football at home and containing counter attack away. Simple Andre!!:avbfacepalm::avbshock::avbhumph::avbcringe::avbmad::avbnaa::avbshit::avbfu:

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't play a 4-4-2 on Wednesday.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't play a 4-4-2 on Wednesday.
Hi JDK, presumably that would mean Defoe and Soldado?

That will be high risk considering the back four we're liable to be fielding, which will have liability written all over it, in all likelihood. Also there will be a temptation to play two wingers with 4-4-2, more high risk.

We'll see how it pans out, but 4-4-2 in our current predicament worries me. If it was a League game I wouldn't be bothered by the gamble, as I've given up on top 4. But I so want us to win tomorrow, on so many levels.

3-5-1-1 might be safer. Shore up the defence as best we can is my overriding thought. But then again, maybe 4-4-2 and go for it is the best way.

Until we see the personnel on the team sheet, and then see on the pitch if we've patched up anyone and done an AVB mistake fest, it's so hard to know.

If for example we're going to patch up Vlad, who's not much good in the air anyway, we need as many tall defensive guys as we can find who can head the ball somewhat. Defoe don't fit the bill, nor does Lennon or Holtby. Holtby I want playing. Decisions, decisions :)

That will be high risk considering the back four we're liable to be fielding, which will have liability written all over it, in all likelihood. Also there will be a temptation to play two wingers with 4-4-2, more high risk.

We'll see how it pans out, but 4-4-2 in our current predicament worries me. If it was a League game I wouldn't be bothered by the gamble, as I've given up on top 4. But I so want us to win tomorrow, on so many levels.

3-5-1-1 might be safer. Shore up the defence as best we can is my overriding thought. But then again, maybe 4-4-2 and go for it is the best way.

Until we see the personnel on the team sheet, and then see on the pitch if we've patched up anyone and done an AVB mistake fest, it's so hard to know.

If for example we're going to patch up Vlad, who's not much good in the air anyway, we need as many tall defensive guys as we can find who can head the ball somewhat. Defoe don't fit the bill, nor does Lennon or Holtby. Holtby I want playing. Decisions, decisions :)
:adegrin:

I don't know if it is the right way I just think it is what probably happens.

Having said that, I have no idea what to expect on Wednesday. With our injuries, suspensions, and whole new set of managers all having to come together into something coherent in two day, I won't be surprised by anything.

It will be fascinating to see what happens. My suspicion is that this will be the lineup:

Lloris
Walker Capoue Chiriches Rose
Lennon Dembele Holtby Townsend
Soldado Defoe

Pure guess and contingent one various injuries but that's what I think. The thing that I feel most certain about is Lennon and Townsend on the wings. You know Sherwood will want to make a point regarding the wingers not being inverted.

Overall, I'm prepared for anything. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom