How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Struggling to care about football right now.

Interested to see if my feelings change if / when we start playing again.

Very much agree with this. I don’t feel that interested as football without fans isn’t for me. Also Levy’s actions in the last 6 months and the boring style of football this season have turned me off.

I’ll see how I feel when it does eventually return.
I do want to see the PL clubs and FA look after the lower league clubs to financially support them through this to avoid them going to the wall.

Personally I can’t wait and think we’ll start to show what we’re about and throw down a marker for next season

Last edited:
I really like the Europa league. Winnable group games that can help you build momentum in a season. Good chance of getting into the business end of the trophy.

Never understood the mentality of sacking it off to try and get 4th. That's the way bean-counters think.
One answer to that... ££££££££££

Very much agree with this. I don’t feel that interested as football without fans isn’t for me. Also Levy’s actions in the last 6 months and the boring style of football this season have turned me off.

I do want to see the PL clubs and FA look after the lower league clubs to financially support them through this to avoid them going to the wall.

I’ve not really missed it tbh. Think I just have had a lot of time to stand back and look at how I use my time and money.

Football probably been moved down the list of my priorities/ problems!

Same for me. I have tried watching the German behind closed doors matches and given up after a few minutes. Without fans it's a soulless experience and I won't bother watching when the premier league returns, not missed it in the slightest.

I do fear for the lower league clubs, without a cash injection I can't see how any can survive if they have to play a season behind closed doors.

But hey as long as we can hear Neville and Carragher praising the Geordies new 80m signing and how the club should rightfully be up near the top then the money men will be happy.

Same for me. I have tried watching the German behind closed doors matches and given up after a few minutes. Without fans it's a soulless experience and I won't bother watching when the premier league returns, not missed it in the slightest.

I do fear for the lower league clubs, without a cash injection I can't see how any can survive if they have to play a season behind closed doors.

But hey as long as we can hear Neville and Carragher praising the Geordies new 80m signing and how the club should rightfully be up near the top then the money men will be happy.

Yes I get it about the Bundesliga but I never watched it when they had crowds etc

I only watch Spurs or games that somehow affect us no matter how trivial so I will be tuning in when we’re on and once I get used to it I will no doubt get just as involved pacing up and down my lounge wearing the carpet out!

The only way C19 could be bad for us is if they cancelled the season and left the standings as they are. Any other outcome is a blessing for us. Our squad was fucked, management was struggling to make what we had work and moral was low.
3 months off and everyone is fit again and hopefully the management have had time to work on tactics and game plans..
If we still fuck up top 4, so be it. But at least we can say we had a full clip and a fighting chance.

One answer to that... ££££££££££

Very much so.

I just don't understand why fans go along with it. Ok, sure, I suppose you could argue it might be a distraction when you are really, *really* in with a shout of lifting the title, but we're light years away from that. And to miss out on Europe to try and secure CL, so we can 'attract players' who a) we aren't going to pay for and b) aren't going to come to us regardless, seems so pointless.

If this whole corona episode has taught me one thing, I'm going to take football a lot, lot less seriously and just try and enjoy watching Spurs play.

I really like the Europa league. Winnable group games that can help you build momentum in a season. Good chance of getting into the business end of the trophy.

Never understood the mentality of sacking it off to try and get 4th. That's the way bean-counters think.

2 things...

1) We've not been in it since the prize also comes with CL qualification. That's given it added impetus when you look at teams like Utd & Chelsea winning it in recent years.

2) The couple of times we've gone deep into the competition we've just suffered fixture congestion and found ourselves with domestic cup ties to content at the same time.

Personally I also see the league as bread and butter.... Sure if we've talking a semi or a final then lets juggle the EPL squad to push hard in the EL, but not in the group and earlier knockout stages.

The only way C19 could be bad for us is if they cancelled the season and left the standings as they are. Any other outcome is a blessing for us. Our squad was fucked, management was struggling to make what we had work and moral was low.
3 months off and everyone is fit again and hopefully the management have had time to work on tactics and game plans..
If we still fuck up top 4, so be it. But at least we can say we had a full clip and a fighting chance.

Agree with most of that but then the Dippers would be crowned champions ffs!

Or as per today's talk of spunking a load of dosh to put screens showing digital fan images all around the EPLs stadiums to great expense...

They're gonna be champions anyway one way or another Baz let's face it. Authorities won't let them not be. We're just gonna have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.
:mourcry:

Agreed but whatever happens those thieving murdering victims will never be proper champions in my eyes
Fuck em

Very much so.

I just don't understand why fans go along with it. Ok, sure, I suppose you could argue it might be a distraction when you are really, *really* in with a shout of lifting the title, but we're light years away from that. And to miss out on Europe to try and secure CL, so we can 'attract players' who a) we aren't going to pay for and b) aren't going to come to us regardless, seems so pointless.

If this whole corona episode has taught me one thing, I'm going to take football a lot, lot less seriously and just try and enjoy watching Spurs play.

We were this 2 seasons ago.. Fuck me it's depressing.

In all seriousness.. If we qualify for the Europa League I'd be ok with that. JM has a great record in Europe, and winning the Europa is only topped by winning the Champions League or Premier League in domestic competition.

If it's a toss up between the FA Cup or Europa League, I'm picking the Europa all day. We should be able to win both, but considering it's been over a decade since we won a trophy I don't want to be too greedy.
I just want to be in Europe, period. Obviously being in Europa sucks, but given the circumstances of this season, and frankly, the past 2 years, it's not a surprising that we are in this position.

There's the argument that without Europe we could focus heavily on the domestic cups, but I don't think we are going to do a 2016/17 Chelsea and win the league. If you told me we'd win the FA Cup, then not playing in Europe would sting less, but I don't give a shit about the League Cup.

If there was karma, which for Spurs doesn't exist unless it is bad, we will get 5th and get a spot because we are owed one from 2012.

Back
Top Bottom