How the pitches change

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, yes it is a beauty in football mode. Still not bad looking in handegg mode either.

Also came in here assuming this was going to reference scenes like this...

article-2295492-18C3C22D000005DC-483_964x723.jpg

"This would have been an awful pitch for any match, but was certainly not suitable for this 1970 FA Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Watford at White Hart Lane."

The worst I remember was the year they played the league cup final after it had hosted the Horse of the Year show. The year third division Swindon beat Woolwich
I think the Christmas game on the somme in 1914 was played in better conditions.

White Hart Lane was like a beach by march in most seasons

Last edited:
Yes, yes it is a beauty in football mode. Still not bad looking in handegg mode either.

Also came in here assuming this was going to reference scenes like this...

article-2295492-18C3C22D000005DC-483_964x723.jpg

"This would have been an awful pitch for any match, but was certainly not suitable for this 1970 FA Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Watford at White Hart Lane."
And some say that players of yesteryear wouldn't be able to play today's game.

Other way round me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom