How important is the EL compared to the PL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning PL = 100 joy points, winning EL = ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would say for this season that I would put it at about an 80 given the parameters. I think a lot of that has to do with us not winning anything for so long so that would increase the joy that I would have compared to how I would feel if had won more.

If we were to win the PL title (knock on wood, salt over the shoulder and all other jinx cancelers) then winning the EL would likely be less impactful on me in the future. LIkewise, if we won the EL this year then winning it in 3 years time likely would be lower than an 80 as well.

I put 41-50.Not becasue i dont want to win it,but what it would mean to me comparedwith winning the league.
That said,i probably wont think that, should we taste glory in the EL on a pleasant spring/early summer night,in the not too distant future.

We're already are then. :)

- You can't fluke the EPL.
- Don't have to be a great team to win the CL.... See Chavs 2012.... Similarly, were we honestly a great team last year?
- Bragging rights are so much more... Ask Liverpool last year.
- I think it'd do so much more for the growth of the club in practical terms.

...Personal preference ultimately, but that's my reasoning.

How many CLs do Chavs have compared to premier leagues?

It has been so long since we won a trophy that I have forgotten the feeling. So from memory I was only a little happy about winning the league as i was young and it was the first trophy we won whilst supporting the team. It was almost an anticlimax as victory was assured for weeks. Next was the FA Cup which was on TV giving me greater pleasure. In future years I actually got to see FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA cup wins and they all scored off the scale in happiness. It did not matter when we won trophies in successive years.
Whilst a league title has to be the pinnacle any major trophy win has to be up there and difficult to distinguish. The sadness for me now is that I am unlikely to be able to watch the win live and it is not the same watching on TV.

This have two perspectives: Evidently win the PL is most important than EL,there is no discussion about it,but our club need trophies and especially "great" trophies such as EL or PL to start a glorious path.

There is no chance that Lloris, Dier, PEH, Kane and Son will be able to play in every PL and EL game - they will all need to be rotated in and out of games, and last couple of years shows why with Kane being out for 2 solid months through being played in too many games.

Rotation of all players when we ae playing 'weekend - mid week - weekend' for months on end (with season starting 6 weeks later than usual and still same end date, the same number of fixtures are far more congested than previous seasons) is a necessity which we need to get used to doing. And Jose has been showing how much he understands the need for rotation so far this season by his team selection
There is no way Hart will be trusted in a big game, and rightly so. Rotation is less important for keepers anyway.

Do you see Jose starting a Europa League quarter final without Kane if he is fit and available?

Back
Top Bottom