How are we pronouncing Slot?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Slot" or "Schlott"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that while a good man who loves the club, Mason is nowhere near ready for the full time job. Maybe one day.

We've been disappointed many times by new managers and their issues working under Levy so I no longer share this type of enthusiasm. I hope he's great of course and will support him, if it's Slot.
What an incredibly insightful poster you are. I wish there were more posters on here like yourself. I think we all want Mason to succeed as he is one of ours and loves the club but he coaches too much on passion. He also let's his heart rule his head sometimes.

I really think his is different with Slot. He is young and a really talented manager. He also has won a title. People will say it is yhe dutch league but then his players are not as good as ours at Feyenoord. We have gone with the 1 or 2 seasons successful manager. Slot inspires and gets the most out of his players. We will spend but not insanes among of money. I reckon Levy will release about 150 million this summer but we have to make kulu and pedro and lenglet permanent. That could be up to 80 million. Slot does not need a lot of money to build a successful team. He is the current solution. You like I should be excited by this manager. He will also bring some really exciting football to us which we have been lacking this season. Trust me he will be a success.

BREAKING NEWS:
Schlott has made it through to round 2 of interviews...

5sNhuFR.png

Spurs preparing to approach Feyenoord in bid to appoint Slot​

Tottenham are preparing a formal approach to Feyenoord for Arne Slot to be their new permanent head coach, according to The Athletic.
The Dutch manager has moved into pole position for the job over the last week, ahead of other candidates including Roberto De Zerbi and Luis Enrique.
Tottenham are yet to make a formal approach for Slot, with Feyenoord director Dennis te Kloese telling ESPN over the weekend that no approach had been made, while also confirming that he himself had turned down an offer to work at Spurs.
Slot has won many admirers for his stint in Rotterdam, guiding Feyenoord to their first Eredivise title since 2016-17 as well as reaching the final of last year’s Europa Conference League.
Tottenham have been looking for a candidate who can institute cultural change at the club, bringing every aspect of the club back together and re-energising the style of play.
That has seen them turn away from some of the bigger-name candidates and instead look for a candidate who represents something close to what Mauricio Pochettino did when he arrived at Spurs in 2014.

He is a world class manager and now a proven winner. Only one defeat all season. He is taking us to the next level. Some fans on twitter were calling him the Dutch Guardiola. What a steal. He plays free flowing football and his tactical in game management is genius. This is a new beginning.
Shtopp already! You’re premature, ash ushual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom