Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
Lovely stuff from spooky spooky in The Islington Guardian's fans' prediction piece...

We will finish Top six. (I want top four); Top four 1 Man City 2 Man Utd 3 Liverpool 4 Spurs (lol); Bottom three 18 Nottingham Forest 19 West Ham 20 Woolwich; First manager sacked Mikel Arteta

Missed a trick in having Forest bottom three instead of the Chav's mind.

Lovely stuff from spooky spooky in The Islington Guardian's fans' prediction piece...

We will finish Top six. (I want top four); Top four 1 Man City 2 Man Utd 3 Liverpool 4 Spurs (lol); Bottom three 18 Nottingham Forest 19 West Ham 20 Woolwich; First manager sacked Mikel Arteta

Missed a trick in having Forest bottom three instead of the Chav's mind.

Straight from the Martin Keown school of biased predictions.

10/10 for effort.

I just wonna see some good football, smash some team and compete in the cups.

I think we will finish in a European place, which one? Who knows, but we are certainly in with a shout at a cup.

Yeah I always want to win stuff, but after the past few years, I've rarely enjoyed any of it since half way through the CL final. It's started to turn me off football entirely. My main take is I just want to enjoy supporting the club again and that means fun/entertaining matches with some proper progress back in the right direction.

We're almost at the end, only six games left.

Has it gone the way you thought so far, are you happy or do you feel a little flat? 🤔

Overall, very happy.
The start we had,.. made me expect at min a top 4 finish. We may still achieve that. Love the footy we are playing and the overall vibe at the Club. I'm really looking forward to next season.

In order for us to play well the Ange ball way we need EVERYONE to understand it, if just a couple of players are out or are not on it, it tends to crumble very quickly so I'd imagine Ange has identified this are will get in a few players who fit the puzzle.
So I'm hoping for more positive consistency and to win against teams we should beat and compete to the last minute against the top end teams.
COYS

I feel a bit flat but shouldn't do given the improvement. From where we were to where we are now whildt factoring in rhe loss of kane and looking back at what peopkes expectations and hopes where we've pretty much achieved all of that. We looked so good at the start of the season and that raised expectations.

Next season is just as if not more important to show a similar improvement. We must become more solid, stop shipping the first goal etc and ensure we kick on further.

Has it gone the way you thought so far, are you happy or do you feel a little flat? 🤔
We're more flakey than I hoped we'd be - and, despite Ange, we're not quite as front-foot as I was hoping for, too. But then again, I want to have my Tottenham cake AND eat it, don't I?

Just beat those cunts next weekend and I'll be happy.

Didn't think we'd be fighting for top four with 6 games left.

Certainly happy with how the season has gone. Could have done better in the cups, League Cup especially. But considering where we were pre season and the negativity and toxicity around the club, really can't complain.

Improvements needed? Absolutely. But I'm confident we'll see them.

In order for us to play well the Ange ball way we need EVERYONE to understand it, if just a couple of players are out or are not on it, it tends to crumble very quickly so I'd imagine Ange has identified this are will get in a few players who fit the puzzle.
So I'm hoping for more positive consistency and to win against teams we should beat and compete to the last minute against the top end teams.
COYS

Not really sure about that bit tbh.

If we are in Europe and needing to rotate / injuries etc then it’s very easy for any football team to feel disjointed. You will always have one player not fully on it or just getting used to playing again.

Like making 3 subs at the same time. It affects the flow of the game and feel of the team.

Biggest problem a manager has in football is always individual errors.
I’ve not gone to any games this season and probably won’t next season either but from what I see on tv we regularly give up big chances.

We play 4 high scoring teams in our next 6 games. I’m interested to see how we play in these games.

Feel that we have stalled in the second part of the season. I said at the time I didn’t feel 1st 1/4 was going to be sustainable, at the moment we look closer to Chelsea and Newcastle than city and Woolwich so personally I don’t exist a title challenge next year. Getting in the Top 4 will be a fight.

I think that mad run of games came too early in the season. We were getting tonnes of praise and I think we were all expecting some incredible. It sorted of papered over the fact we had two dismal cup runs and IMO, haven’t been playing your potential now for a few months. Some of that is down to injuries, some to individual player performance and motivation, and another chunk down to tactics.

I was expecting us to win any cups so I guess whether we go out in the semis or first round doesn’t really make a difference. My expectations were low at the beginning of the season, then they got high, and now they’ve tapered down so overall, I’m probably content with the season so far. 5th and a Europa spot is respectable but I am hoping for a strong finish to the season as usually that plays a big factor in the following season. 2 more wins and I think 5th will be safe so we might as well give it a go

Just read my comment back and I commented the difficulty of predicting until we knew the make up of the squad. I recall being appalled at our hard upcoming fixtures starting next Sunday and it could still be a bad finish to the season. I was very surprised at our start but knew we needed a lead to get over this end of season fixture problem. I have been very disappointed at our cup results and expected better.
Just hope we can pick up points against our toughest opponents and jinx grounds.
our performances must be better as Newcastle away last year I switched the TV off after 21 mins. This year I watched the whole match as although we were equally well beaten, I felt we could still score. Alas we did not.

I predicted 6th at the start of the season, hopefully we finish a little higher than that though.

I saw enough at the start of the season to tell me that when Angeball is rocking it’s rocking. Personally, I think our season’s been ruined by an extortionate amount of injuries and the players just haven’t been able to get back to the cohesiveness they had at the start of this season. Hopefully that’s something that improves next season, but we do need a good depth across the entire squad if we’re competing in Europe

Back
Top Bottom