Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, early goal will kill them.

They know how important points are with them being 2 points off rock bottom.

Mate that bollocks we should have scored and have created loads of chances. I am sick of people saying the other team has parked the bus when we fail to score.If they are parking the bus they are not doing too well.
None of those chances were clear cut. NONE.
And for people having a pop at Kane you might like to look again at that "chance" - the ball was way above his head, he had two defenders either side, and it was sizzling across. Not an easy chance at all.

It would be nice if Davies would cross the halfway line once in a while. We need some overlapping runs to at least make Traore defend and waste some energy. He's their biggest threat.

Son having a brilliant game today.

We need to make Harry Kane a part of our attacks. He spends huge chunks of most games as a passenger, waiting for a pass that never comes. Most of our one on ones fall to Son. Why?

I think Davies should be in those positions. Deli should not be going wide. Son also needs to be more central. Maybe janssen needs to be on later for that extra player in the box.

First half thoughts fwiw-
How the fuck are we not winning?

And

Alli showing superb maturity. Valdez will be in for a 6 match spanking. Alli playing very well

Son- infuriating & exciting in equal measure

Dembele- one moment of absolute majesty. Needs to be more involved offensively.

Kane- must have had a bad night with the baby.

Eriksen- superb performance.

Nearly had riots in the pub when the landlady switched over to the game from the egg chasers. Fucked them off to the other side of the pub.

A bucket of wings & a few more pints...& Spurs to break them eventually.

:tobyarm:O
Great assessment of Son. Exciting but so fucking frustrating at key moments.

Dembele too. Against this sort of defends I'd like to seen him worm his way into the box and get some shots off. It's all good from him but in areas that do no damage.

I hate when people criticize a team for parking the bus. Do they expect them to just attack and get blown away? To be an elite team you have to be able to break down a bus consistently.

You beat teams that sit back by moving the ball more quickly, making good runs and with extra quality. We have the quality so it's down to the players to do the rest.

Keep the faith!

Nerves are shot.
I fear I'm too old for this shit.

Daughter on the phone to her friend:
'What am I doing? Its the weekend, so I'm watching my dad pace around the house watching Spurs.....'

Harsh to acuse Boro of "parking the bus" (which, it shouldn't be forgotten is a perfectly legitimate tactic, especially when away to a better team), they only really did so after about 20 mins when we upped a gear (as Dixon and Le Saux pointed out on the NBC stream) and pressed them more and higher up. Before that they'd been fairly expansive, looking to get Traore away

Mate that bollocks we should have scored and have created loads of chances. I am sick of people saying the other team has parked the bus when we fail to score.If they are parking the bus they are not doing to well.
I do agree with you aswell totally mate. It annoys me too. Im sick of teams like this sitting back against us.

Back
Top Bottom