Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely fucking awful yesterday. Terrible. Possibly the worst player on the pitch for us.

He's capable of wonderful goal moments, but it's astounding how he can make the simple look really fucking difficult at times.

I get right now he still has a part to play, but I'm really not sure where he fits this system going forward medium/long term. He can't play with his back to goal and he's not much use as a 9 when the game is compact or we need to chuck crosses in. He's not good as a wide forward.

Let's not lie to ourselves.

Son had absolutely shockingly poor performance. Maximum 2/10.
Wasted his only moment, lost ball countless of times, missed easiest of the passes, created nothing himself but worst thing for me is that we did not turn up for this game AT ALL. We started poorly, continued poorly, finished poorly.

Captain should be going around, waking and firing teammates up. So they would start playing, start fighting and improve. But he did absolutely nothing of sort. Was playing his own game and let his head drop after failing in his own part.

He can be most liked guy in the squad. But captain or no true leader cannot be nicest and friendliest guy 100% of the time. In games like these, we need someone that teammates would also maybe ... I dont know... fear (?) a bit? Or at least someone who they would be afraid to dissapoint. None of that was there and Son is THE player that has to take longest look in the mirror.

It was lost as a team, so even though every last starting XI player was absolute shit in this game, he as captain has most thinking to do and most questions to answer.

Son always has these sort of matches, when he's off it he absolutely stinks

I'm not taking that Fulham performance as anything to look into, not one player was on it and that's more to do with mentality not ability.

He's the captain and we should be holding him account to the fact that the players never turned up if anything.

Should not be captain. Struggling to think who should though, we lack leaders on the pitch and Son is always one of the first to go missing when it’s going against us.

Won’t be too hard on him though as overall he has been brilliant for our club. When all the Kane to Man City stuff was going on, son signed a long term deal with us with no fuss.

Funny how a guy from the other side of the planet was more committed to us than one of our so called own

You guys are fucking insane. One day he is the biggest club legend and the next day he is a poor man’s Jansenn.

The entire squad was horrific yesterday.

Sonny is arguably the best finisher in the world and one of the top players in the PL. He has 21 goal contributions in his last 21 matches in the PL. What else could you want?

I still think the way to get the best out of him is as an inside left with an overlapping full back. We need to create the space for him to shoot it's too congested centrally imo.

You guys are fucking insane. One day he is the biggest club legend and the next day he is a poor man’s Jansenn.

The entire squad was horrific yesterday.

Sonny is arguably the best finisher in the world and one of the top players in the PL. He has 21 goal contributions in his last 21 matches in the PL. What else could you want?

Isn't it bit more insane to make up shit youself just to then argue with it and dismiss it?

No one and nowhere has said that he is poor man's Jansenn. Nor that he would be shit/useless/bad player.

He had extremely poor game. Not that he would be shit player all around and always.
Anyway, to me, more has to do with how he performed as captain. No one ever even tried to win this game, and he as captain did nothing to fire the troops up. And this is not what captain should be like for me.

Isn't it bit more insane to make up shit youself just to then argue with it and dismiss it?

No one and nowhere has said that he is poor man's Jansenn. Nor that he would be shit/useless/bad player.

He had extremely poor game. Not that he would be shit player all around and always.
Anyway, to me, more has to do with how he performed as captain. No one ever even tried to win this game, and he as captain did nothing to fire the troops up. And this is not what captain should be like for me.
Why is captaincy all of a sudden an issue since Son received the armband?

Was Hugo that guy? Was Kane?

Wasn’t a lot of chatter about whether or not those two should have been captain when we were putting in shit performance after shit performance.

Why is captaincy all of a sudden an issue since Son received the armband?

Was Hugo that guy? Was Kane?

Wasn’t a lot of chatter about whether or not those two should have been captain when we were putting in shit performance after shit performance.
Kane was a weak leader. It shows at Bayern too. Son is now on the same limelight as Kane. Can he actually change our culture and win something?

He has shown his loyalty to stick it out with us which is why we love him. I can give him a pass this season since its his first year with the armband and with Kane leaving and a new manager/players, he has been outstanding throughout the year for us.

However, he needs to show up in these important games... that was Kane's criticism and still is....
He can't go missing in these type of games albeit everyone else was pretty terrible as well....

Big chunk of the blame also goes to Ange.

Kane was a weak leader. It shows at Bayern too. Son is now on the same limelight as Kane. Can he actually change our culture and win something?

He has shown his loyalty to stick it out with us which is why we love him. I can give him a pass this season since its his first year with the armband and with Kane leaving and a new manager/players, he has been outstanding throughout the year for us.

However, he needs to show up in these important games... that was Kane's criticism and still is....
He can't go missing in these type of games albeit everyone else was pretty terrible as well....

Big chunk of the blame also goes to Ange.

Out if interest who else would you have given the captaincy to?

You mean the guy who used to get lashed out at by Lloris and Dier and bawls his eyes out after getting knocked out of every tournament he's ever played in would be a weak leader? Even in the Asian Cup he was at the center of a bust up with a player nearly a decade younger because he commands 0 respect.

You mean the guy who used to get lashed out at by Lloris and Dier and bawls his eyes out after getting knocked out of every tournament he's ever played in would be a weak leader? Even in the Asian Cup he was at the center of a bust up with a player nearly a decade younger because he commands 0 respect.

As trolls go; you're very boring.........

You are still being a peanut!

Ahh, the good ole international break eh ?
Never ever disappoints.

This isn't even an international break discussion. It's the same all year round.

It's always when we win, we're great. When we lose, all the players are shit, our squad isn't actually very good and we've been lucky all season before we got found out bollocks.

Certain players just get it more than others regardless. And some can play well and it still not be enough due to agendas and preconceptions.

Back
Top Bottom