Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we have got to persist with him until Richie is fit and if no improvement that will be the time to drop him. Gil has not impressed me enough to tart and should continue as a sub.

Just out of curiosity do we know what his stats were like for the World Cup? I didn’t see any of his games so don’t know how he played, but just wondered whether this poor form continues with the national team.

An interesting article on his struggles in the Athletic today. I think these paragraphs are actually the answer.

It doesn’t help that Spurs are the worst team in the top flight for falling behind in matches.

They’ve conceded the first goal in their past six games in the league and nine in a row across all competitions.

That invites the opposition to sit back and protect their lead, meaning fewer counter-attacks for Tottenham, who are having to play higher up the field with the ball as they try to break their opponents down.

A classic Son goal would be latching on to a through ball, probably from Kane, advancing towards goal and slotting it past the ’keeper. He’s done it time and again.

Three of the five goals he has scored this season have come via this route — ie, receiving a pass either beyond the last line of defence or just in front of it.

part of the reason we are going behind is because the ball doesnt stick up top, hes the main culprit for this. his passing and football intellect is so fucking poor. the fact his game is simple running onto through balls is because its fucking basic shit. not hard to outsprint someone and run into open field is it. what does take quality is getting the ball and having to go through a compact wall, that takes football intellect, technique and vision.

the weaker sides look to counter, they dont come out and make the pitch big when they havent got the ball. look at what city have to deal with! thats why they have players that can do that, luckily for them haaland is an absolute predator with great movement in the box and hes alert. a lot his best bits from dortmund that i see was basically what son does in running into half an empty pitch and out sprinting slower defenders.

Just out of curiosity do we know what his stats were like for the World Cup? I didn’t see any of his games so don’t know how he played, but just wondered whether this poor form continues with the national team.
Was terrible apart from one run and assist

another start another stinker! has he started a game and played better than a 3/10??? touch is fucking atrocious, slow to react, getting outpaced by a 37 year old ashley young in the first 5 minutes of a game...hes finished. hes never had the football intellect to play against teams sitting deep and teams know if hes in our team thats all they have to do to stifle us.

he should of been dropped long long ago and thats not his fault. but eventually when youre carrying such a stinker in the team every game it drains the rest of them down. this will always be the case in football.

He's probably the worst player in the PL at this moment.

the best forwards in the world play in tight spaces. they have to play in tight spaces as inferior teams will be compact and deep and look to counter. sons never been able to do that, hes a counter attacking forward and hes now clearly lost his pace and sharpness! if you was silly enough to doubt that up until today go and watch a 37 year old ashley young outpace him over 30 yards or whatever it was. get what you can for him in january as his value is plummeting hard.

the best forwards in the world play in tight spaces. they have to play in tight spaces as inferior teams will be compact and deep and look to counter. sons never been able to do that, hes a counter attacking forward and hes now clearly lost his pace and sharpness! if you was silly enough to doubt that up until today go and watch a 37 year old ashley young outpace him over 30 yards or whatever it was. get what you can for him in january as his value is plummeting hard.
I don't think he's lost his pace, but his nerve. Honestly, he has always been a bit of a pussy, but it worked out most of the time.

When he's down, he's down bad.

Sadly it's probably time he is sold tbh.
Been saying it for a little while now, he’s cooked. These things happen quicker than you think, once you lose that step at top level it just shows. The longer the club keeps him just means the less they make when they do call it a day at this point.

I don't think he's lost his pace, but his nerve. Honestly, he has always been a bit of a pussy, but it worked out most of the time.

When he's down, he's down bad.
you think he looks physically as strong and sharp as a few years ago? he physically looks well off from when he had his run against chelsea. he couldnt even outsprint a 37 year old whos never even been known as a quick player earlier? he had more than enough ground to get past him.

not only does he look physically slower to me but his reactions look slower too. hes slow to react to balls he should be going for.

you think he looks physically as strong and sharp as a few years ago? he physically wells well off from when he had his run against chelsea. he couldnt even outsprint a 37 year old whos never even been known as a quick player earlier? he had more than enough ground to get past him.

not only does he look physically slower to me but his reactions look slower too. hes slow to react to balls he should be going for.
I love Son as much as I have ever loved a Spurs player… but sadly this analysis just seems right.

I want to be patient with Son, but I think that patience involves bringing him off the bench, at least for awhile. It’d be an obvious call with Richy fit, but even with him out, I think it’s probably needed.

I’d be happy to sell him but as usual I don’t have much confidence in us finding a replacement who is better.

Ideally you would have a successor already at the club and ready to slot in but that’s not how we roll.

I said before that the chavs rinsed Madrid for Hazard when they knew he was nearly finished. We should have done that with Son, sure he just won the golden boot but he was patchy as hell last season. Now it's obvious he's dipped big time, we won't have many beating down the door to sign him.

Back
Top Bottom