Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Richarlison deserves to start the next game but Son will get a goal very soon and once he does he will be back to normal. He is not happy with his performances and it's getting in his head, it might be better for him to come on as a sub against tired legs.

I have zero doubt that he will score a great number of goals again this season. He is too good not to. He's just having one of those spells.

Conte on Son: "If I have to find a husband for my daughter I would like it to be a person like him. In this moment he is suffering a lot because he is not scoring. Son will always be part of my football vision."

My frustration with Son is not because he isn't scoring at the moment, he has often had these periods, only to come back stronger. My frustration is about how many times he loses the ball when we are trying to counter attack because of a poor touch or lack of strength, putting us under pressure again. Perhaps it's a problem with our tactics, always looking for an out ball to Kane or Son, rather than building something from the back with decent short passing. His strength is running with the ball into space, not holding the ball up.

son righht now:

Come On You Spurs Son Heung Min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur
I wish my knees would still let me get back up like that!

Richarlison deserves to start the next game but Son will get a goal very soon and once he does he will be back to normal. He is not happy with his performances and it's getting in his head, it might be better for him to come on as a sub against tired legs.

I have zero doubt that he will score a great number of goals again this season. He is too good not to. He's just having one of those spells.
If he doesn't come good - we're screwed. We don't have enough goals without his contributions to secure a top 4 spot if we're being honest.

The only problem that Son has right now is more mental, he is simply trying way way way to hard, over pushing and thinking it and the more he does the more frustrated/angry he gets, vicious cycle.

Its like he has an extra point to prove and better last season and be the undisputed top PL scorer, which in itself is admirable and great to see, he just needs to stop over doing it to the point its destructive to him, once he pops his cherry for a goal this season he will be fine, no better place to do it against those bubble blowing runts.

Last edited:
There is real value in giving Son a week or 2 off.
He'll be a passenger for the rest of the season if we don't, whereas he could be a game changer if we do.

We need all our players firing on all cylinders and Son is not. He looks pretty low at the moment.
Remember this... look what happened after this - we played West Ham, he scored (twice) and then he went on to get golden boot. He'll be fine!

Does anyone know if Sonny’s dad is still making him do the additional sessions after training?

I just think he’s worn to the bone and really needs a rest, but he should start at West Ham since he tends to really show up against them.

If he’s rested for this game, it might dampen his confidence more, but if get bags a goal or two, it’ll really help him kick on and then he can be rested for Fulham with Richy getting a start.

hes been carried in all 4 games you pathetic little fanboy. donkey touch, poor decision making, list goes on. richarlison done far more this season in his few minutes vs all of sons.
Like I said idiot like you never realize you are an idiot. Lol. Keep making your parents look bad. Seems like they did a horrible job raising you.

Back
Top Bottom