Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah hope he gets taken out of the team for a rest before people start getting on he's back.

Poor, bumbling performance again. Needs benching for West Ham.

That said, this isn’t the first time BUT it’s the first time in a long time that we’ve had competition. He’ll bounce back, he always does.

He's one of those players who are affected by their confidence a lot. I doubt he will bounce back fast if doesn't play... But I have to agree with you.. Richie gotta start over Son next game.

There was a picture of Son not being happy after the substitution. As he got a bit of a rest I would start him again Wednesday. I would rest Kula and play Richarlison. A rested Kula would be unleashed in the 2nd half and start Saturday. Son will not get better not playing and I think he will be up for it Wednesday.

Another poor performance and rightfully subbed off. Think his anger at going off was with himself.

For me, there is no question that Richarlson should start on Wed. Has done more in his brief cameos than Son all season. Son will come good again, but for now, his starting place isn't automatically deserved.

I love the idea of him as an impact sub as Richarlison has been. Even if he doesn’t start he’s going to get the opportunity to have a big effect on the game.

Son and Kane have been sub par this season. The difference was that Conte subbed Son off just about every game but gave the 20 more minutes to Kane to finish the games and he did score the two late winners and the team is flying... I mean on the papers atleast. So cant really complain if you were the manager or fans at the moment.

But the difference in how Son and Kane could feel would be considerable I would imagine. And the slagging of Son for not scoring early enough from some of the posters here are.. plenty? Lol
By them you would think it was Son who tried to ditch the sinking club last season.

There was a picture of Son not being happy after the substitution. As he got a bit of a rest I would start him again Wednesday. I would rest Kula and play Richarlison. A rested Kula would be unleashed in the 2nd half and start Saturday. Son will not get better not playing and I think he will be up for it Wednesday.
This, and I think our away fans will avoid getting on his back whereas if he'd played like today in front of a home crowd there'd have been groaning aplenty.

He'll be alright - he always bounces back from this kind of form eventually. His little outburst on the bench after being subbed off was likely borne from frustration with himself more than anyone else.

Edit: oh, and I don't think he'll have forgotton the 'DVD' stuff any time soon. Sonny hates the Hammers.

Son and Kane have been sub par this season. The difference was that Conte subbed Son off just about every game but gave the 20 more minutes to Kane to finish the games and he did score the two late winners and the team is flying... I mean on the papers atleast. So cant really complain if you were the manager or fans at the moment.

But the difference in how Son and Kane could feel would be considerable I would imagine. And the slagging of Son for not scoring early enough from some of the posters here are.. plenty? Lol
By them you would think it was Son who tried to ditch the sinking club last season.
I have to disagree. Son is going to come good, I’m not worried about it and neither is Conte. But Kane has been well ahead of him in terms of performance and not just because of the goals. Even Son’s touch has been all over the place.

son righht now:

Come On You Spurs Son Heung Min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Love the bloke but it’s time he drops to the bench. Doesn’t have to be for long, maybe even just the one game but players can not start games purely on reputation. He will come good, he always does but Richarlison deserves to start against West Ham. It’s a long season and we need to utilise our squad as well as possible.

I'm gonna take him out of my Fantasy team and replace with Odegaard .

That should do the trick
Magic I Curse You GIF by Vinnie Camilleri
Yeah I bought his shirt at the start of the season, very rarely buy current players shirts as it often seems to end badly, only bought Kane’s in the last ten years. Gonna return the Son shirt to get the good juju back.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m happy with Contes decisions. Think I’d be benching Kulu for Spam game though. Bring him on after 60 mins to torment their left side. Maybe bring sonny off for him if he’s having another off day. I really do want Richy to start though. He is a true Panto villain with an assassin’s coldness. That cross for our second today was sublime and he certainly wound a few people up. Even some of our own fans which is remarkably odd.

« In this moment he is suffering a lot because he is not scoring »

That’s sort of my issue, when he’s not scoring goals, he lets it affect other areas of his game a bit too much and he becomes ineffective.

Richy and Kulu can look great without needing to score.

He was unlucky today. Had a good chance where another day that goes in. Nothing to worry about. He will hit form soon. And probably at the perfect time. Maybe we should rest him, maybe not. Fuck knows. The guy is pure class and he will score us goals when we need it most I’m sure.

Richy did well though. Great option.

Back
Top Bottom