Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Until proven otherwise, it's the fairest assumption never-the-less.

.....Especially as these shit spells are an annual feature of his season.

Son is 29.
Ronaldo is pushing 100. : P
He’s 30 FYI.

Not like I think he’s done as a player. He will rebound at some point. But the questions are… how long will it take him to rebound, how much will he actually rebound to (peak son or just adequate) and how long will he remain at that level.

It’s entirely possible that from here on out, Bergwijn will be the better player for the rest of their careers.

Kane is definitely WC. He's won several golden boots, and is on track to be the highest goalscorer in PL history, as well as England's highest goalscorer, and even now he's still scoring goals, even if he's not at his best.
You don't keep playing someone game after game after game if their presence is causing a problem.
People have short memories - last season, Kane had 1 goal and 1 assist (against Newcastle) by December - this is AFTER we beat City and Wolves without him.

I agree Son should be dropped but the double standards is crazy.

xBr5NC0.jpg

Last edited:
Kane is definitely WC. He's won several golden boots, and is on track to be the highest goalscorer in PL history, as well as England's highest goalscorer, and even now he's still scoring goals, even if he's not at his best.
There is no world where Kane is world class and Son is not - at least over the last few seasons

The fact that (prior to this season) Son's scored more non pen goals, more assists and has won the Spurs POTY award in 3 of the last 4 seasons should be enough to support this argument.
I'd argue that both of them aren't world class though. They both have glaring weaknesses and can be easily shut down.

Last edited:
So you're happy with us looking hopeless in attack and watching him screw up every time he gets the ball?
This is competitive football. It's not "sentimental football"

I don't care if he cured cancer, we need to put the players who are performing best on the pitch. He is currently one of the worst. It's beyond the odd game now. He'll need to sit there with a smile on his face and use training to play his way back into the team.

United have a 5 time ballon d'or winner sitting on the bench because he wasn't performing. You don't keep playing someone game after game after game if their presence is causing a problem.
Lol, comparing Son and Ronaldo at this point is comical. Ronaldo was one of the all time greats, and he's still good, but he's in the twilight of his career. Son is a PL golden boot winner from the previous season in the prime of his career.

Agree to disagree at this point, because I think you're being ridiculous.

He’s 30 FYI.

Not like I think he’s done as a player. He will rebound at some point. But the questions are… how long will it take him to rebound, how much will he actually rebound to (peak son or just adequate) and how long will he remain at that level.

Nothing unreasonable here, but we've strayed from my OG contradiction.

It’s entirely possible that from here on out, Bergwijn will be the better player for the rest of their careers.

Depends what one seeks to get from the player i guess.... They're pretty much polar opposites imo. I reckon Sonny could still have a future as a JD style striker who presses from the front but doesn't track back a great deal; short bursts of pace etc..... Whether or not that remains with us as time passes; who knows?

Lol, comparing Son and Ronaldo at this point is comical. Ronaldo was one of the all time greats, and he's still good, but he's in the twilight of his career. Son is a PL golden boot winner from the previous season in the prime of his career.

Agree to disagree at this point, because I think you're being ridiculous.
You think I'm being ridiculous because we have a player who hasn't played well in a full game all season, causing us to look incompetent going forward. You think I'm being ridiculous that we have a £60m new signing who has scored and assisted more often than he hasn't and a young player who hasn't put a foot wrong and elevated our attack.

But you think we should persist in playing Son because he scored a decent amount of goals last year.

And you think I am ridiculous?
Maybe we should drop Kane (5 goals in 8 games) and play Lucas Moura who got a hat trick in a big game once.

Sentimental bollocks has held Spurs back for decades. An acceptance of "but he's a nice lad who works hard and loves the shirt" has seen us repeatedly field mediocre players for as long as I can remember.

None of this is to say that Son is done. He's not. But he needs to learn that not performing has consequences. The rest of the team need to know. The players on the bench should be aware that they DO have a chance if some one is failing to produce.
If none of this happens then we're gonna have a very unharmonious squad very soon. Kulusevski probably has every right to feel hard done by at the moment.

You think I'm being ridiculous because we have a player who hasn't played well in a full game all season, causing us to look incompetent going forward. You think I'm being ridiculous that we have a £60m new signing who has scored and assisted more often than he hasn't and a young player who hasn't put a foot wrong and elevated our attack.

But you think we should persist in playing Son because he scored a decent amount of goals last year.

Maybe we should drop Kane (5 goals in 8 games) and play Lucas Moura who got a hat trick in a big game once.

Sentimental bollocks has held Spurs back for decades. An acceptance of "but he's a nice lad who works hard and loves the shirt" has seen us repeatedly field mediocre players for as long as I can remember.

None of this is to say that Son is done. He's not. But he needs to learn that not performing has consequences. The rest of the team need to know. The players on the bench should be aware that they DO have a chance if some one is failing to produce.
If none of this happens then we're gonna have a very unharmonious squad very soon. Kulusevski probably has every right to feel hard done by at the moment.
Sure drop Son but this is very ironic considering Matt is same guy that last season was saying:

"hOw CaN wE dRoP KaNe!! hE jUsT wOn tHe GoLdEn BoOt aNd pLaYmAkEr AwArd!! AnYoNe ThAt SaYs hE sHoUlD bE DrOpPeD iS a tRoLL!!!"

:leaveityeah:

This is the problem with the internet. We disagree, but our continuing disagreeance is pushing you further and further to the extreme such that you're now comparing Son, who has scored more goals in the past 3 seasons than anyone but Kane and Salah, and scoring from the run of play on par with Kane over the past 4 season, to Lucas Moura's hat trick and a "nice lad who works hard and loves the shirt".

And then you have the audacity to take exception to me calling you ridiculous.

This is the problem with the internet. We disagree, but our continuing disagreeance is pushing you further and further to the extreme such that you're now comparing Son, who has scored more goals in the past 3 seasons than anyone but Kane and Salah, and scoring from the run of play on par with Kane over the past 4 season, to Lucas Moura's hat trick and a "nice lad who works hard and loves the shirt".

And there won't be anyone calling people like Matt troll or a gooner or foreigner that knows nothing about football because we're now criticizing Son, not Kane.

There were literally crickets and every excuse was made for Kane when he scored 1 goal through the middle of December. The double standard from a lot of Spurs fans is crazy.

And there won't be anyone calling people like Matt troll or a gooner or foreigner that knows nothing about football because we're now criticizing Son, not Kane.

There were literally crickets and every excuse was made for Kane when he scored 1 goal through the middle of December. The double standard from a lot of Spurs fans is crazy.

No-one's asking for patience with Son?
Kane is never critiqued?

You sir are talking bollocks.

You weren't cast as a troll for mere criticism of a player either, so you can park that BS too............

Last edited:
Dropping Son now makes more sense than dropping Kane last season because we have better options. Right now we have a 60m player who can play LW, last season it would've been Bergwijn coming in for Kane .. a guy who had scored a few goals in his entire Spurs career at that point.

Yeah I was harshly critical of ENIC/Levy and yes, I trolled the fck out of you and a couple others like the bin dipper Beech Beech . But who wasn't?

:pochrolleyes:

You are widely considered a troll because of the pitiful, contradictory and circular agenda you wage(d) with regard to Kane...

Talking shit and someone pointing it out does not = victorious trolling.

..........It just means you're talking shit to get attention.

:pochrolleyes:

You are widely considered a troll because of the pitiful, contradictory and circular agenda you wage(d) with regard to Kane...

Talking shit and someone pointing it out does not = victorious trolling.

..........It just means you're talking shit to get attention.
So what did I say re Kane that was widely different than what Matt is saying about Son? I've made similar remarks about Kane last season except the difference is, there were an army of Kane fans that attacked me.

People like Matt make similar criticisms about Son and there's very little pushback.

I'm not even saying that Matt isn't entitled to criticism and I even agree with the essence of what he's saying. I just find the double standard amusing.

Remember, most of my criticism about Kane came when he scored just 1 goal through December. I was far less critical after that. And my tune completely changed when we finally got top 4.

So what did I say re Kane that was widely different than what Matt is saying about Son? I've made similar remarks about Kane last season except the difference is, there were an army of Kane fans that attacked me.

People like Matt make similar criticisms about Son and there's very little pushback.

I'm not even saying that Matt isn't entitled to criticism and I even agree with the essence of what he's saying. I just find the double standard amusing.

Remember, most of my criticism about Kane came when he scored just 1 goal through December. I was far less critical after that. And my tune completely changed when we finally got top 4.

If you think I'm inclined to get dragged into a long, drawn-out discussion with you about all this; you're grossly mistaken.

They are not world class players, they are good decent players. The 2 always go through bad patches throughout a season but usually not at the same time.

World class players are consistent performers. Hallaand, Mbape, Messsi, young CR7, Neymar......etc. They may have a bad half but nothing more.

How many times in the last seasons we said Kane or Son need a rest/break/should be dropped?!

Some fans have fish memory, LOL.
People were raving about how world class Son is last season, Spurs and rival fans alike. True indeed some fans do have fish memory, Mr. exhibit 1.

Atrocious that you misspelled not one but three so called world class players you chose to name. All the ones you named also went through bad patches at a given time (Messi got booed by PSG fans last season and Neymar played less than 20 league games in the previous 5 seasons). Kane won golden boots three times in the best league in the world, but you call him a good decent player while labeling Haaland world class. Shocking. Not saying they are not world class (given that the definition can be arbitrary and there’s no objective criterion duh), but there is a reason why there is a famous saying that “form is temporary, but class is permanent.” In other words for your understanding, even world class players can be off form and go through a period inconsistency.

The problem with the Internet is that it very often breeds the feeling no-one is wrong.

Son has been a fucking disaster this season. Only 11 can play and they should all earn it based on what they're doing right now, not in the past.

This is a matter of fact, not opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom