Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny gets such high praises from his teammates manager supporter s and just about everyone around him yet when hes called still quite often the most underrated player in the league people tend to agree. What gives? Ironic.

Sonny gets such high praises from his teammates manager supporter s and just about everyone around him yet when hes called still quite often the most underrated player in the league people tend to agree. What gives? Ironic.

He's underrated in the sense he receives praise from the non-Spurs bubble only when he's bang in form and it's obvious to credit him. When has Son ever been mentioned among the best in the league, or indeed Europe?

This.
The thing is though that Son comes across as an absolute gentleman. Humble, kind honest and decent. Happy to put the team first even at his own expense. Always plays with a smile on his face and gives his best. He really is a joy to have at Spurs

Absolute gentleman humble kind honest and decent
The thing is you could say that to majority of the current Spurs players and its becoming.

FFS Sonny out for at least 3 games in January including Chavs away semi final!
Asian games...What's the point of playing for S Korea now that he has avoided military service?
Asian Cup mate, it's like the EUROs, every 4 years. Asian Games is like a mini-Olympics, also every 4 years but that was last summer.

a6xp87zatg521.jpg

AFC Asian Cup call-up for Sonny | Tottenham Hotspur
Son being away for the 2nd half of January is not ideal with the number of matches Spurs are playing as it leaves us with 3 AM's (Dele, Eriksen, Moura and Lamela) so they will all be playing a lot - and we could be very vulnerable if there are any injuries.

I can't see us buying an AM in January - there are other areas of the squad which are more urgent to invest in - so I wonder if Poch will look at using any of our youngsters during the 2 (or more likely 3 weeks away with travel, assuming South Korea play in the final on 1 February) week period.

I'd guess the most likely candidates would be speedy winger Anthony Georgious who has already made his first team debut of course or Dele lookalike (in playing style) goal and assist machine Jack Roles. Both could be useful at least coming off the bench to give our main AM's a bit of a rest, whilst giving useful experience to the youngsters. Georgiou is now 21 and a Cyprus international whilst Roles at 19 is a year older than the more physically developed Oliver Skipp.

DerryLennon DerryLennon wrote a good piece on Georgiou which might be a useful reminder to refresh memories as he was out injured for quite a time and only recently back.
Why I’m hoping that Anthony Georgiou can follow Danny Rose’s path into the first team:

It's shite without a doubt but you have to understand that the Asian games are basically for U23's or predominantly a development squad, Son played with the sole aim of winning it so that he could be exempt from military service (he wouldn't have played in the Asian games if he was already exempt).

I was referring to the upcoming international tournament in January

AFC Asian Cup call-up for Sonny | Tottenham Hotspur
Son being away for the 2nd half of January is not ideal with the number of matches Spurs are playing as it leaves us with 3 AM's (Dele, Eriksen, Moura and Lamela) so they will all be playing a lot - and we could be very vulnerable if there are any injuries.

I can't see us buying an AM in January - there are other areas of the squad which are more urgent to invest in - so I wonder if Poch will look at using any of our youngsters during the 2 (or more likely 3 weeks away with travel, assuming South Korea play in the final on 1 February) week period.

I'd guess the most likely candidates would be speedy winger Anthony Georgious who has already made his first team debut of course or Dele lookalike (in playing style) goal and assist machine Jack Roles. Both could be useful at least coming off the bench to give our main AM's a bit of a rest, whilst giving useful experience to the youngsters. Georgiou is now 21 and a Cyprus international whilst Roles at 19 is a year older than the more physically developed Oliver Skipp.

DerryLennon DerryLennon wrote a good piece on Georgiou which might be a useful reminder to refresh memories as he was out injured for quite a time and only recently back.
Why I’m hoping that Anthony Georgiou can follow Danny Rose’s path into the first team:

With Vertonghen hopefully back to fitness we could revert to 3-4-3 so effectively we only have to play 3 of Eriksen, Kane, Lamela, Lucas and Alli utilising Trippier and Rose as wing backs

Back
Top Bottom