Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very isolated stats

Kane headed away 150 corners last season, Son is scared of any form of physical contact. You do acknowledge this right?

As you are acting like a 10 year old poring over EA24 stats and quoting a simplistic view to your pre pubescent schoolmates

Son has been dreadful. He’s a pussy and pathetic with a fucking awful first touch and a complete lack of fight / physicality

If you need some more detailed stats to quote to your dickheads at school, let me know
Lmao someone is being aggressive....bad day at work...?

BTW goals and assists matter for forwards that's how they contribute first and foremost.

Bad first touch...how often does son get dispossessed or lose the ball?

BTW goals and assists matter for forwards that's how they contribute first and foremost.

One is the best striker in the world and the other should be a squad player on Spurs

Football fans (esp Kane fans) are clueless

:harrylol:

Son this season:

30 apps
25 goals/assists
1.8 key passes per game
17 big chances created
5 big chances missed
9.2 possessions lost per game

Kane's last season w/ Spurs

38 apps
33 goals/assists
1.5 key passes per game
14 big chances created
12 big chances missed
12.3 possessions lost per game

One is the best striker in the world and the other should be a squad player on Spurs

Football fans (esp Kane fans) are clueless

:harrylol:

Son this season:

30 apps
25 goals/assists
1.8 key passes per game
17 big chances created
5 big chances missed
9.2 possessions lost per game

Kane's last season w/ Spurs

38 apps
33 goals/assists
1.5 key passes per game
14 big chances created
12 big chances missed
12.3 possessions lost per game

Only the 43 g/a in 31 games and the 10 g/a in 7 CL games for Kane this season, that agenda is getting increasingly harder to push eh?

Only the 43 g/a in 31 games and the 10 g/a in 7 CL games for Kane this season, that agenda is getting increasingly harder to push eh?
Just means that Son would have been putting up similar goal contribution numbers on that Bayern squad.

Not saying he'd get to where Kane is at right now but I'd imagine Son would get ~35 Bundesliga goals/assists on that Bayern squad

Yes bad day.

Do matter, it discounting that but GA aside he’s fucking poor.

Lose the ball? All the time upfront. It hasn’t worked

Son is worth too much in tourism and merch to sell for the club - no way Levy sells him imo.
I love the guy but he has a very particular skill set as others have said and he is utterly useless as a 9.
He was best under Mourinho/Conte counter football tactics imho and would suit that type of team better now more than ever.
I fear for us if he is leading the line next season and the crap we have on the wings doesn't help.

Hypothetically if we get a £50m offer from Saudi in the summer would you sell? Still put up decent numbers overall this season but performances 2nd half of the season have looked quite familiar to last season. At 32 this summer arguably got 1 more decent season left. I'd be tempted although doubt he'd want to go, doesnt seem the money grabbing type.

3 solutions. isak, toney, solanke. i think the wide forwards are an even bigger concern to be honest. theyve offered nothing all year.
Gyokares, Vlahovic.

Wouldn’t say offered nothing but clearly not good enough. Son back as wide forward will add goal threat

Hypothetically if we get a £50m offer from Saudi in the summer would you sell? Still put up decent numbers overall this season but performances 2nd half of the season have looked quite familiar to last season. At 32 this summer arguably got 1 more decent season left. I'd be tempted although doubt he'd want to go, doesnt seem the money grabbing type.
He’s got 8 goal contributions (goals/assists) in his last 10 games since coming back from Asia.

His primary job is to help score and create goals and he’s done that wonderfully. There are quite literally only 4 players ahead of him in terms of total goal contributions in the Prem this season.

At some point, he’s going to need help from other attackers and for them to provide him with adequate service because he’s getting none.

But I do agree that we should move on from him given his age, even though he’s still an elite player.

Son is worth too much in tourism and merch to sell for the club - no way Levy sells him imo.
I love the guy but he has a very particular skill set as others have said and he is utterly useless as a 9.
He was best under Mourinho/Conte counter football tactics imho and would suit that type of team better now more than ever.
I fear for us if he is leading the line next season and the crap we have on the wings doesn't help.
Agree. Basically not suited to Ange-ball but worth too much to the brand to move on.

So it will be another season of him not quite being a LW and not quite being a CF. Let's hope we add real quality for the other two attacking spots to shoulder the burden.

Agree. Basically not suited to Ange-ball but worth too much to the brand to move on.

So it will be another season of him not quite being a LW and not quite being a CF. Let's hope we add real quality for the other two attacking spots to shoulder the burden.

How much do you both think Son is worth - commercially - for 1 season then?

........................More than the fee he'd command in the trf market?

How much do you both think Son is worth - commercially - for 1 season then?

........................More than the fee he'd command in the trf market?
You wanna do this on every thread then yeah?

I think Levy will see the Asian market as extremely lucrative and keep him - that would certainly be more than a fee we could get for him 100%.

Back
Top Bottom