Have we signed Krzysztof Piatek?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if we do sign Piatek don't expect him to fill Kane's shoes, this will be a signing for the future who 'might' play a role this season, to put that level of expectation on a 24 year old is plain crazy.

24 isn't that young and he's been leading the line for Milan.

Agree that he will need time, but surely we can't be buying him as a 'development player'. We must see him as close to ready.

Where are the Ings rumours coming from? its 80-100M for PL survival and he is what gives Southampton a chance of staying up - why would they sell?

Danny Ings is injury prone, that's why Liverpool offloaded him, he might be scoring for fun at the moment but the minute we buy him you know he would get an injury that would put him out for 4 months. Steer clear.

He's also a tattooed fuckwit who looks like he owns one of those bulldogs with its ballbag hanging out
You know the type

People complaining about his goal celebration? Boring pricks :mourpointlaugh:. His celebration is the best in world football. PUM! PUM! PUM! 🔫

This is ENIC in a nutshell mate, always "considering a bid" or "have made a formal approach" and when we do make an offer it's always "haven't met the valuation of the selling club"

Would be nice for once to actually sign a player swiftly and put the fucking ambitions of the playing squad first rather than dragging transfers out until the last minute, pisses me off.

Wouldn't hold your breath mate! We might get Frazier Campbell on loan at the last minute though.

:levyeyes:

Football is simple, though. If Piatek were a world beater then Milan wouldn't be replacing him with a geriatric Zlatan.

He seems like he could be a decent player and hopefully he can score goals if he joins us. I'm not expecting anything amazing because amazing players rarely move in January.

Or they signed him and realised perhaps he doesn't quite fit into their style of play? Maybe he's not happy there and wants to leave?

Plenty of amazing players have moved in January and when a player who can score 22 goals in one of the top 4 leagues is available to sign a few days after losing our striker for the season, you take it.

Only 3 players scored more goals across Europes top leagues last season and he scored more than Ronaldo, Mertens, Belotti, Immobile, Benzema, Suarez, Griezmann, Kane, Aguero, Vardy, Jovic, Alcacer, Werner.

And the same amount as Lewandowski, Aubamayang, Salah and Mane

He's more than good enough.

Last edited:
Janssen dough?

Its £30,000,000 on a striker who will ultimately sit behind Kane. That's not Janssen money, that's our joint 3rd highest signing ever.

Plus, Poch personally scouted Janssen and signed off on that deal. So we can't really blame Levy for making the signing.

we live in a world where Wan Bissaka went for £50m, I don't like it and I think it's crazy but £30m for a striker is the bargain bucket at Blockbuster video.

it's a punt

He's a much better player than Jannsen. Seem him play a few times, like most strikers with the right service he will bag goals.

Only our bloody chairman won't pay the reported 25 million, which for a striker like him is a bloody steal.
25 mill for any ok player in this market is decent business.

Is judging a player's entire potential on one half of football better or worse than doing the same after watching a 4 minute "highlight" video?

Well, after the obligatory 5 minute YouTube video watch, I now know every aspect of his game. Apart from passing, fitness, positional sense, tracking back, and general involvement in attacking play.

Looks fairly good in the air. His goals are actually fairly similar to Kane’s. A mix of poacher goals, quick thinking, and well placed long range shooting.

He also has the worst goal celebration ever invented.
We're gonna get accussed of promoting gun violence aren't we?

I just realised I was super lucky to register here before all these rumours (and hopefully transfer) came out, so no one can say he's the reason I'm here. Matter of days, huh. Hopefully it didn't drain all my luck as I have job interview in 7 days.

Looks legit. Good we have a promising, competent looking striker. Why have Milan sold after half a season though?
Errrr were about to find out
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom