Have we signed Coutinho yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele is 23, Coutinho is 27, not that far apart really.

I'd definitely take Coutinho, he's quality.
That’s a long time in football, and coutinho just isn’t the same player that he was when he left liverpool if he was then the big teams would be after him.

I would much rather we stopped buying attack minded midfielders and sorted out the defensive side of our game.

I'd take Coutinho in a heartbeat straight swap for Ndombele if Barca are big enough mugs.
Not me, Tanguy has his whole career ahead of him, plenty of time to turn this around and has shown great potential, I’m not ready to give up on him just yet. Coutiniho’s best days are behind him which is why he’s being shopped around and will probably end up with them lot down the road.

He plays well against us sure but I don’t really rate him that highly any more. . .

Attempted fire-sales then....

You'd think at varying levels there'll be clubs that haven't perilously over-spent hoping to take advantage... I dunno, maybe you're right in that perhaps fear of spending will prevail for the more stable clubs.

At the richest end of the game I do suspect any rich or well run clubs will be fine and in the perfect position to pick off the best players from the vulnerable below them.....
I actually think a complete market 'collapse' is much needed - last few years player prices and agent fees have been propelled into the cunto-sphere of delusion and greed

Wages in 2019 = 11.23 million EUR

215kpw.

Anyone notice how he's not even being mooted as being for sale?

Barca couldn't hope to get anything but an embarrassingly low fee for him at this point as he's seen as such a high risk purchase and have to just make do with trying to rake back what they can in loan fees before taking the eventual hit when his contract bottoms out in a couple of years.
Liverpool played a blinder getting all that money for him, yes he is a decent player but I never saw consistency in him.

Do we really think the window will be that much slower? From what I have read, the super rich have just gotten more wealthy over the course of this outbreak. For a lot of the larger clubs, they will be in the same position I believe.

Rich clubs will still spend, whilst enjoying even more leverage over the smaller clubs.

Expect fire-sales aplenty elsewhere from teams that have over committed during previous seasons.

Why is it when an Ex-player usually Bent says Tottenham should sign the player does it suddenly become transfer news or give spurs a big boost?
If so, between Bent, Robinson and Danny Murphy, we'll be spending the GDP of a large first world country in this transfer window.

Still, the 43 strikers we'll have to choose from should keep Harry on his toes

Suspect signing, IMO. If he was any good, why would he be on a transfer list? Not a position we need urgently to recruit for. This smacks of getting a "name" in, to appease the fans.

Spurs have distanced themselves from reports that they have submitted a formal offer and it is also understood that manager Mauricio Pochettino – who worked with Coutinho at Espanyol – has not called the player, as has been suggested, to try and persuade him to join the club.
Spurs are, nevertheless, at the centre of a number of potentially big deals before the window closes and would not rule out a move for Coutinho.

Telegraph

Textbook transfer “reporting”.

It’s categorically not on.........but he might sign tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom