Have We Appointed Arne Slot Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely his “value” to them is dictated by what they pay him, which appears to be £1.7m pa. His contract has 3 years left to run so I can’t see how he’s worth more than £3.5m max in comp. Unless there is a specific clause specifying something else.
He has a clause in his contract for next summer where he can be bought out for 6 mil.

This is just them trying to scare us out of trying to sign him. A "go away" price.

Surely his “value” to them is dictated by what they pay him, which appears to be £1.7m pa. His contract has 3 years left to run so I can’t see how he’s worth more than £3.5m max in comp. Unless there is a specific clause specifying something else.
Why should they hand their title winning manager to us on a plate? If a club wanted to do that to us, I'd want Levy to gouge them for every penny.

My only reservation with Slot is that he has significant previous for ditching clubs when a better offer comes along. Is that the sort of person we want to trust with a long-term project?

Why should they hand their title winning manager to us on a plate? If a club wanted to do that to us, I'd want Levy to gouge them for every penny.

My only reservation with Slot is that he has significant previous for ditching clubs when a better offer comes along. Is that the sort of person we want to trust with a long-term project?
There are only 9 or 10 clubs in the world bigger than Tottenham. If he's had enough success here to be wanted by a bigger club, then it's been a pretty great year or two stint for him and us. Wouldn't you take that success, considering what the last few years have looked like?

Also, of those "bigger" clubs, it wouldn't make sense for him to trade us in for a few of them, if he's already got us playing for big prizes.

Slothenham?

The Goonies Chuck GIF

Nobody asked for your selfies

They can't pluck a figure out of thin air, is what I'm saying. They can't keep him under lock and key, if he wants to leave then he can, just as he could be sacked if they thought he was shit. In any of these scenarios, there is a contract that should protect both parties and unless specifically covered, like a buyout clause, what determines the value of comp to be paid (to either party) is his salary and the length of the contract. If they want £20m or whatever then they should demonstrate this worth via a £10m per annum salary with 2 years left to run.

Can't think of too many head coaches that don't want to progress to better clubs, when they come knocking. The only time I can recall one turn a club down was Nagelsmann.

Back
Top Bottom