Have any Spurs fans left for CL football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I gotta love this sentiment that when a manager we like looks like finishing 7th, suddenly no one gives a shit about being in the CL....:lennon:

The problem is, that our best players do give a shit. So much so that they keep leaving the club to play in it, so yes, for me, we should all day long be challenging the top four and aiming to be in it consistently.

Pretending you dont care, on the back of failure is a bit silly.
I know this can't be aimed at me as I'm not particularly fond of our gaffer anyway. No agendas here I just don't like the CL

If Spurs disappeared overnight and you had to pick another team from the Premiership or Championship (for the sake or argument) - who would you go for? Can you even answer that question? I could definitely name 6 or 7 clubs I could never follow, not sure it's so easy to choose someone to support.

I gotta love this sentiment that when a manager we like looks like finishing 7th, suddenly no one gives a shit about being in the CL....:lennon:

The problem is, that our best players do give a shit. So much so that they keep leaving the club to play in it, so yes, for me, we should all day long be challenging the top four and aiming to be in it consistently.

Pretending you dont care, on the back of failure is a bit silly.
I don't think we have lost a single player in the past 5 years due to not being in Champions League. We lost Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to Real Madrid the biggest club in the world because they paid stupid cash for them and ANY player would choose to go to Real Madrid, I don't think for a second if we were in Champions League we would have held on to either once they came calling.

I don't think we have lost a single player in the past 5 years due to not being in Champions League. We lost Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to Real Madrid the biggest club in the world because they paid stupid cash for them and ANY player would choose to go to Real Madrid, I don't think for a second if we were in Champions League we would have held on to either once they came calling.
If Madrid really do want Hazard, and he wants to go, it will be interesting to see if there is anything Chelsea can do about it.

If Spurs disappeared overnight and you had to pick another team from the Premiership or Championship (for the sake or argument) - who would you go for? Can you even answer that question? I could definitely name 6 or 7 clubs I could never follow, not sure it's so easy to choose someone to support.

Wolves.......................gotta love the underdog.

:harrylol:

I'd go for Charlton - they're my mum's team, and were my late grandad's too. They're fairly inoffensive in everything they do, no obvious reason to dislike them as far as I know!
I keep an eye out for their results and am happy when they do well - but it's more being happy on my mum's behalf than anything.

Lewes FC. If it HAD to be a League club, it would probably be the Os. My local league side is Brighton who at least dont play in red.

Lewes FC. If it HAD to be a League club, it would probably be the Os. My local league side is Brighton who at least dont play in red.
COYRs!
Fuck Brighton, though. The Amex has meant that a lot of non league teams have lost supporters to the new shiny stadium.
Lewes have lost a good 300+ since the Amex came into being.
The DP is the best non league ground.
End of.

If we were regularly in the CL, our domestic goals would eventually become challenging for PL title.
Any team can lose any player obviously, but if helps if you are successful, or at least going forward.

Im pretty sure Lloris is gone to be honest.

Would he have stayed if we were in the CL next year? Who knows...might have helped though. Certainly wouldnt have made him leave.

It would be Ipswich for me because of mates and being in Suffolk. Been to a few games as well and follow the results already. Doesn't come close to Spurs though obviously.

I also like Dortmund if we're allowed to go out of the league. They are a crisp passing, attacking team. Dig their style. Too bad they're a feeder club for Bayern.

If we were regularly in the CL, our domestic goals would eventually become challenging for PL title.
Any team can lose any player obviously, but if helps if you are successful, or at least going forward.

Im pretty sure Lloris is gone to be honest.

Would he have stayed if we were in the CL next year? Who knows...might have helped though. Certainly wouldnt have made him leave.

Back to my original point though it's not realistic for us in the current financial landscape of PL clubs for us to qualify for CL regularly. Until we get more revenue from the new stadium and/or new richer ownership we will always be fighting an uphill battle. We basically have to count on 2 of (Man United, Chelsea, Citeh, Arse, Liverpool) to have a poor season. It's very unlikely.

I hate all those clubs with a passion as all Spurs fans (to dare is to do and all that) but being realistic barring future changes we will be lucky to break in there once every 3 to 4 years or so if that and then it is back to the same scrap the following year.

We will always lose players to the biggest of clubs but it is at least nice we are now losing players to Real Madrid and not Liverpool or United like the past.

You've basically described Woolwich. Remind me when the last time they won the league was?

You've basically described Woolwich. Remind me when the last time they won the league was?

Have you really come to the point where they are going to try and deny that finishing higher in the table strengthens the chances to keep your best players, or indeed sign better ones?

Woolwich paid off a stadium since they last won the title, reached a CL final and have been top 4 the whole time. Right now they sit second. All that would suggest they have been attracting a few better players than us along the way.

Keep pushing your head into the sand and pretending that you would rather finish 7th than 4th....didnt hear you saying that around January. How odd.

Hindsight denial...what a wonderful way to never be dissapointed with a season.
"Didnt want that cup anyway"
"Actually, Im glad we lost out on the title"

Laughable stuff

Have you really come to the point where they are going to try and deny that finishing higher in the table strengthens the chances to keep your best players, or indeed sign better ones?

Woolwich paid off a stadium since they last won the title, reached a CL final and have been top 4 the whole time. Right now they sit second. All that would suggest they have been attracting a few better players than us along the way.

Keep pushing your head into the sand and pretending that you would rather finish 7th than 4th....didnt hear you saying that around January. How odd.

Hindsight denial...what a wonderful way to never be dissapointed with a season.
"Didnt want that cup anyway"
"Actually, Im glad we lost out on the title"

Laughable stuff
What are you talking about? Ive never said anything about wanting to finish top 4? Ive said the opposite, i keep saying I'm not really bothered where we finish? Why do you keep playing this ridiculous game of acting like you know what I'm about?

You're really hurt by bale leaving aren't you? You're acting like someone that knows their girlfriend is gonna break up with them soon. Hugo may or may not leave... Don't be so fucking attached. Why are you expecting these foreigners to spend their entire careers at Tottenham? Why do you expect Luka Modric to turn down the chance to win the champions league with Madrid... because "hey this pavro ockabasi place is quite nice, i think i'll stay?"
We could win the premier league 5 times in a row... If Real Madrid come knocking, it won't make a bit of difference. They can afford to pay better wages AND you get to live in spain. Stop pissing your pants about it, and just fucking enjoy watching football. Same with Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever stop talking bullshit on the internet and just watch and enjoy the football. You pair of miserable bastards.

I unblocked you the other day because i thought "nah spammys nowhere near as bad as arcspace"
But you're just talking bollocks. More subtly than greaves admittedly, but bollocks nonetheless.

Last edited:
Yet earlier you said this..

So. You treat the players like kings, but you are advising me not to get attached.
I treat them as players under contract..

Then there is this reoccurring players and girlfriend thing you have going on.
Not sure why you are pretending you dont care. Your words scream otherwise, in a kind of creepy way.
hahahahaha more bollocks. And what "words" are these?

What i actually said was, don't treat them like gods, in that they're eternal, treat them like kings in that they have their time then move on, replaced by the next one. See, when you remove context from things, to make your point, you sort of lose by default. i could go ahead and quote some contradictory shit I've noticed you say today, but shan't. for i don't care enough. Its amusing watching you trying to stir shit up though.

Yet earlier you said this..

So. You treat the players like kings, but you are advising me not to get attached.
I treat them as players under contract..

Then there is this reoccurring players and girlfriend thing you have going on.
Not sure why you are pretending you dont care. Your words scream otherwise, in a kind of creepy way.
Don't you feel just the tiniest little bit pathetic though Sam, as you sit at your computer, copying and pasting parts of comments i made yesterday to suit your agenda? If that was me id have a little "oh this is ridiculous what am i doing with my life" crisis halfway through.
Do you have a girlfriend Sam?

You sound like you´ve just discovered pussy and have become very full of yourself about it overnight.

Enjoy it, mate. There´s enough for everyone. Im not going to take her from you.
Did you have fun looking for those comments sam? Its cute when you resort to making it personal. Really supports your argument. Do you, though? do you have a bird? Come on now, its not like you to avoid a question.

Back
Top Bottom