Has Tottenham ever got you through some tough times?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My old man lost his battle with the C word a couple years ago. He was a life long Spurs fan, having grown up in Enfield, and he's the reason I support Spurs. Whenever I go to games nowadays, I like to think he's watching from somewhere and it sounds silly, but I often ask what he thinks of the games and stuff despite knowing I'll never get an answer.

I'm not saying I wouldn't think about/"talk" to me old man if I didn't go to the games, but for some reason when I do I feel closer to him as it's not only Spurs' "spiritual" home, but his as well.

[/sob story]

The day my mum died I thought the end of the world had come. It was absolutely dire. Then I watched Spurs play Sunderland. Whilst it didn't make the hurt disappear, for 90 minutes I sat in a pub in Ireland next door to the hospital, clutching a pint of Guinness & with a bunch of lads who were well into their football, regardless of who was playing. I actually saw that life goes on, & that game lifted my spirits beyond belief. I actually felt able to make the phone calls I had to make & deal with the arrangements. Perhaps it was the game, perhaps it was the Guinness, perhaps it was the company. Maybe all three. But yes, Spurs helped me through that day

Not got me through anything but what they have done is when I've been feeling anxious or down about stuff - spurs have stuck the fucking boot in, when I've needed a real distraction or a lift, they've got beat 1-0 at wolves on a fucking Sunday a 4pm

my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday, i was in a really shit place, i invited my friend over, big football fan and i came to a conclusion
it might be bad for me, but its gonna be worse for tottenham.

She ain't good enough for you anyway mate...

:adebaehug:

Edit. Seen you have made up.

You are wonderful together.

After my mum passed away, spurs (&this forum in particular funnily enough) helped me get through some sleepless nights and allowed my mind to wander from the pain I was feeling.

as you get older ( like me !) you begin to realise that good form or poor form, Tottenham will be a constant in your life. Girlfriends/wifes can come and go but Spurs on a Saturday or Thursday evening is always there and its the chance to forget it all for 90 minutes. At the moment I am actively seeking new employment after several weeks of having to put up with fucking retards, its a big move, but I am going to retrain and after a week off next week will be handing my notice in, 3 months, so its time to get my studies sorted and get a job on a 9-5pm without the stress and hassle that carries on until 9pm most nights and never lets up.......but world cup is on, and I know the footy season is just round the corner and Spurs will be there.......they will probably annoy the hell out of me though!!!

Yes as a 9 year old I was told by a 17 year old that if I didn't support Spurs against Chelsea in the cup final, he was going to administer a ferocious beating to myself and another lad I was having a kick around with.
So supporting Spurs saved me a good kicking - which I think means I qualify. I have continued to support Spurs just in case Martin Cannon finds out, and gets his boots on.

my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday, i was in a really shit place, i invited my friend over, big football fan and i came to a conclusion
it might be bad for me, but its gonna be worse for tottenham.

Scottwallace15

ScottSpurs
For example at the moment, im in a bit of a predicament with my girlfreind and i dont know what the fuck is going on, but the one thing that keeps me going is tottenham, just knowing they will always be there spurs me on! ( pardon the pun) has anyone else had tottenham propel them through situations? ( soppy emotional post, expecting lots of trolls to attack it, not even bothered)

Yes, definitely.

I was a very casual fan of Spurs throughout the latter days of my time in college, but graduating in '09 and going into that job market was really tough on me. I worked some dead-end jobs to help pay the bills while I lived in my parent's basement, and had almost nothing in my life. I suffered through some mild depression through that time and wasn't very happy with my life, because graduating with my background and education and then being dumped into a grueling blue-collar factory job living paycheck to paycheck and not making enough money to get out of there was a cold, hard reality check.

Then Spurs went into the Champion's League, and that incredible run really gave me something in my life to enjoy, and something to root for, again.

Back
Top Bottom