Harry's baffling tactics

  • There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

    Get involved!

I think 'Arry was only guilty of trying to fit Bale, Judas and Vdv into what is only two positions. It is abundantly clear now that we have to play our best players in their best positions. Judas in the middle and Rafa in the hole. Does our midfield have enough bite with Modric in the middle away from home? I think so (thanks to Parker and Sandro) and I think we are a stronger side with VdV in the hole rather than a 4-4-2.

I have said in previous posts that I think Sandro and Parker should play away from home but that would force Judas into playing behind Adebayor. Might be interesting. If Vdv is not good enough on the right (which he has not been), then play him in the hole or put him on the bench.
 

Register to remove

Just a thought listening to the podcast #13 -

I wonder if any players have it written in to their contracts that they must play in the PL if they are fit? There was some suggestion on the Spurs Show this week that Adebayor may have this written in his contract.

I wonder whether it is possible that VdV has some such clause written in his contract?
 

Flav

The Fighting Cock
It would be a worrying lack of faith in his own ability if he thought that Peter Crouch and Pav were going to keep him out the first eleven. If those two were keeping him out of the side for form then we'd be doomed.
 
Sibs said:
Just a thought listening to the podcast #13 -

I wonder if any players have it written in to their contracts that they must play in the PL if they are fit? There was some suggestion on the Spurs Show this week that Adebayor may have this written in his contract.

I wonder whether it is possible that VdV has some such clause written in his contract?


don't think them clauses exist as it would completely undermine your manager

VDV plays because he's one of our few world class players
 
kilnsmann had that clause when he came back in 98, said if he was fit he had to be picked.

to be fair, i think he's picked to keep him from sulking, i get the feeling he would be a pain in the arse if he was sub for 3 games in a row. it's wrong.
 
Mr Vexed said:
kilnsmann had that clause when he came back in 98, said if he was fit he had to be picked.

to be fair, i think he's picked to keep him from sulking, i get the feeling he would be a pain in the arse if he was sub for 3 games in a row. it's wrong.


how do you know this?

I'll tell you what's wrong, assuming shite on an internet forum :redcard:

VDV is a fucking beast and for some reason it's become the fashionable thing to do slating him and saying how much better we are with Defoe which is aload of bollocks

I don't see it as a problem personally VDV and Defoe have both been doing the business lately so long may it continue, there's plenty of games to go around
 
Paydro said:
Mr Vexed said:
kilnsmann had that clause when he came back in 98, said if he was fit he had to be picked.

to be fair, i think he's picked to keep him from sulking, i get the feeling he would be a pain in the arse if he was sub for 3 games in a row. it's wrong.


how do you know this?

I'll tell you what's wrong, assuming shite on an internet forum :redcard:

VDV is a fucking beast and for some reason it's become the fashionable thing to do slating him and saying how much better we are with Defoe which is aload of bollocks

I don't see it as a problem personally VDV and Defoe have both been doing the business lately so long may it continue, there's plenty of games to go around


not assumed anything, thought the klinsmann thing was common knowledge, so suck my massive grapefruit balls!

i'm not questioning vdv the player, i'm questioning vdv the man.
 

Register to remove

tbf, i didn't say that he had a clause, just saying it has happened, i can't say for sure if it did, but then neither can you...

i don't hate on vdv, he is pound for pound a better player than defoe, that is certain, i don't necessarily think he is better for the TEAM in all situations, he thinks he is, but that is my opinion.

what i don't like is vdv bitching and moaning and pulling faces as if he has a god given right to be out there. and i don't even particularly like redknapp. what i don't want is one man thinking he should be out there regardless of how he plays. i am showing no bias to anyone, just how i see things from the outside.
 
I agree... VdV is world class - can't say that about Defoe. However, there are times where I think the team would be better with Defoe playing further up alongside Adebayor.

As was said in the podcast, it is difficult to drop him, which is why we see him playing out on the right as a compromise to make him fit.

As long as we're winning it's not a problem.
 
he is class, and i do love him. but i love spurs more than vdv and i just think he shows a little bit of disrespect to the club sometimes by reacting in certain ways, that is what gets my back up. still wouldn't want him anywhere but spurs, you never know, we may just find a system that suits everyone (like playing 15 instead of 11). options never hurt anyone.
 
think it shows what a great team/squad we have at the minute.
like they said in the Podcast Harry has a selection headache in midfield - but for once we are concentrating on the Positives of our players, not praying for them to be dropped coz they are playing poorly or underperforming.

VDV is clearly in excellent form and one of our world class players so for me he must start in his best position in the hole.

i think the bigger issue is how do we fit Sandro into our midfield? do we sacrifice our other world class player Modric and play him on the right instead of Lennon?
 
Incredible to think that a year ago or so we were crying out for someone on VDV stature. Now we have him people want him gone. The mind boggles.

I was at the game yesteray and VDV was the best player on the pitch by a mile so much for those that can't see the quality he brings to us...he is simply outstanding, his composure on the ball, his work rate yesterday was just first class. Even went and kissed the badge when he scored which went down very well, with me anyway.
 

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
No one wants him gone, and no one has said he's shit. He's a great player but shoe-horning him into the team isn't helpful. Yesterday he played in his accustomed role and scored twice, putting Lennon on the right helped although Azza didn't play well.

Kissing the badge doesn't mean what it used to. :sad:
 
I think when i said gone I actually meant dropped...

I was surpeised to see Aaron start yesterday if I'm honest. Thought he was poor thurday night and yesterday he just looked disinterested. Find it strange that he never seems to want to take people on anymore??

Agree but i do like it when players show a little bit of passion for the shirt.
 

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
It's a token gesture for the most part, he loves it at Spurs but when a bigger team come calling his response will be interesting. I wouldn't begrudge him a move but if he starts acting like a tool then I won't entirely be surprised.

Lennon seems very tentative, maybe if he'd scored that chance he had then his confidence would've shot up. I'd have liked Townsend to replace him but I'm guessing Harry went with Rose to help out Walker in defence.
 
The thing I love about VDV is his desire to win. He's a match winner and he's a pure class when given a sight of goal. His 5 goals in 4 games sums it for me. Last season he seemed to drift off in the second half of the season bar the big games like at hoem to the scum. Just hope he continues with his current goal scoring form.
 

Register to remove

Thelonious Filth said:
It's a token gesture for the most part, he loves it at Spurs but when a bigger team come calling his response will be interesting. I wouldn't begrudge him a move but if he starts acting like a tool then I won't entirely be surprised.

Lennon seems very tentative, maybe if he'd scored that chance he had then his confidence would've shot up. I'd have liked Townsend to replace him but I'm guessing Harry went with Rose to help out Walker in defence.
I know a Man U fan who saw VDV at an airport before he came back to pre season - got chatting to him breifly and said it would be great if he were to join United, asked him if there was any chance it might happen, VDV replied with, NO, no chance at all (of it happeneing in Jan) he then went to ask him if he would join if United bid for hm and he came back with an honest reply - 'in a heartbeat, any footballer would'

To be clear, he wasnt suggesting he would leave us just like that, more like all top players would jump at the chance to join United.
 
Top Bottom