Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winksy mate calm down, you will do ok at Leicester. :levyeyes:
don't be a dick

standing up for someone isn't the same as eulogising or praising them.

I'm just fed up of no mark posters slagging Spurs players off

Call me old fashioned but I like to support our team, particularly against ill informed bandwagon hoppers, most of whom wouldn't recognise a decent footballer if he came up and kicked them in the nuts.

don't be a dick

standing up for someone isn't the same as eulogising or praising them.

I'm just fed up of no mark posters slagging Spurs players off

Call me old fashioned but I like to support our team, particularly against ill informed bandwagon hoppers, most of whom wouldn't recognise a decent footballer if he came up and kicked them in the nuts.
I don’t hate Winks but he simply isn’t good enough for a club wanting to challenge for honours. You want us to win things, especially with how competitive the PL is now Winks simply isn’t a viable squad member.

And ok I’m probably a dick but at least I know where a capital letter should be. :levywhoa:

I don’t hate Winks but he simply isn’t good enough for a club wanting to challenge for honours. You want us to win things, especially with how competitive the PL is now Winks simply isn’t a viable squad member.

And ok I’m probably a dick but at least I know where a capital letter should be. :levywhoa:
'OK' should always be written in capital letters.

:ange-facepalm:

Damn…. You got me.

giphy.gif

You used to be Winks biggest fan, I think I remember you coming on here not so long ago bizarrely non stop praising him and telling people that they don't understand his game

Why the sudden u-turn?

You used to be Winks biggest fan, I think I remember you coming on here not so long ago bizarrely non stop praising him and telling people that they don't understand his game

Why the sudden u-turn?
Do tell these posts? If I said them my opinion has changed, you seem to still be that angry little man. There is a blue pill for such problems. You have had meltdowns on at least 2 Spurs forums before, none of which I was involved in, this should be interesting.:ange-arms:

Do tell these posts? If I said them my opinion has changed, you seem to still be that angry little man. There is a blue pill for such problems. You have had meltdowns on at least 2 Spurs forums before, none of which I was involved in, this should be interesting.:ange-arms:

ok

Why the sudden u-turn?
Because his form went to absolute shit and fell off a cliff I would guess?

I think it was a mistake to try and make him into a defensive midfielder staying in front of the centre backs. That was never his game really. A bit like trying to make Dele a box-to-box midfielder, that fucked him up as well.

Yeah, this place is a hotbed of accurate grammar, punctuation excellence and exquisite English in beautifully constructed sentences.

I'm ashamed of my response to you.

Winks in his best form, fitness and role is more than good enough for us, sadly in the last couple of seasons at Spurs he was carrying injuries and played in a role he's not suitable for.

Same with Dier who played the latter half of the season requiring hospital treatment.

But this town wants a hangin' and we don't need evidence to get in the way of a conviction. So y'all hop on the witch hunt bandwagon, fire up your torches an' sharpen yer pitchforks.

Yeah, this place is a hotbed of accurate grammar, punctuation excellence and exquisite English in beautifully constructed sentences.

I'm ashamed of my response to you.

Winks in his best form, fitness and role is more than good enough for us, sadly in the last couple of seasons at Spurs he was carrying injuries and played in a role he's not suitable for.

Same with Dier who played the latter half of the season requiring hospital treatment.

But this town wants a hangin' and we don't need evidence to get in the way of a conviction. So y'all hop on the witch hunt bandwagon, fire up your torches an' sharpen yer pitchforks.
Dier has been erratic for years. He's had one decent season in defence. That's it. What the hell is he doing playing with an injury anyway? Oh yeah, because our other defenders are even worse. Why? Because we haven't shipped them out and got decent replacements.

Dier should never be a first team choice normally imo. Injured? Well last season's results speak for themselves.

Did you know he was injured? I don't think so because it was never revealed until the end of the season. So don't be too surprised if there are a lot of fans disappointed with his performances.

I do not and don't like booing players. I will never go on twatter and call players out or insult them etc. But this is a forum (which I strongly doubt any Spurs player has ever read) and it's the right place to voice complaints and reveal our feelings.

Playing for your boyhood team against European elite in the champions league , surely everyone on here would have dreamed of doing that as a kid?
I know he’s got a lot of stick on here , I’m guilty of that myself especially in the heat of the moment but at least he had it in him to move away to get game time rather then sit on the bench collecting his wage!
Good luck Harry!

Dier has been erratic for years. He's had one decent season in defence. That's it. What the hell is he doing playing with an injury anyway? Oh yeah, because our other defenders are even worse. Why? Because we haven't shipped them out and got decent replacements.

Dier should never be a first team choice normally imo. Injured? Well last season's results speak for themselves.

Did you know he was injured? I don't think so because it was never revealed until the end of the season. So don't be too surprised if there are a lot of fans disappointed with his performances.

I do not and don't like booing players. I will never go on twatter and call players out or insult them etc. But this is a forum (which I strongly doubt any Spurs player has ever read) and it's the right place to voice complaints and reveal our feelings.
And I have never said otherwise
There is however a massive difference in talking about a players loss of form or mistakes - and the muppets who bang on about them being "champo" at best, or non league, shite or an embarrassment - or decrying them for not trying.
Some people on here have absolutely no idea of the gulf between premier league players and themselves (or the level of other leagues players) and will happily post any old shit, downright lies and forward equally gormless tweets as if it substantiated their posts.

I'm English and an England supporter, and I think it's a crying shame that as a club that we are on the cusp of putting out teams with no national level players in them - much less the vitriol and abuse that is levelled at the ones we have.

Back
Top Bottom