Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was a promising talent, but like so many other English football messiahs he never kicked on from being anything more than promising. It was telling that in just his first season at Spurs - and playing in the same midfield role - that Dele surpassed Wilshere's entire career for assists and goals scored.
Completely different players tbf

I personally don't like the c word but it's so prevalent on this site, I have become a bit immune to it, in fact in some cases it's a term of endearment! Mind you I wouldn't like to be called it. To be fair the guys have always been respectful towards me in that respect, it would be like swearing at their mum
Neither do i MrsP, Chelsea is a filthy word and i would never use it. God forbid anyone would be abusive towards you, there would be a riot. x

Wilshere is shit, has always been shit and will always be shit.
I genuinely remember people saying Ramsey was better than Modric once.

Winks has a way to go, he's playing in the most difficult part of the pitch but he is a cut above his peers. As early as next season people will be putting him in their starting line ups such will be his rate of development this year......

Then will come the inevitable Utd links, and people will start screaming "pay him more money Levy!!!!"

There are still some doubters, but thankfully they will soon fall by the wayside when they see that Winks is our future Dembele replacement.

I still expect a neauseating January Window thread pining after Barkley and all the nonsense about how that will be the difference between the title etc, but looking forward to Winks progression this season immensely.

Our academy is our future

Wilshere is shit, has always been shit and will always be shit.
I genuinely remember people saying Ramsey was better than Modric once.

Winks has a way to go, he's playing in the most difficult part of the pitch but he is a cut above his peers. As early as next season people will be putting him in their starting line ups such will be his rate of development this year......

Then will come the inevitable Utd links, and people will start screaming "pay him more money Levy!!!!"

There are still some doubters, but thankfully they will soon fall by the wayside when they see that Winks is our future Dembele replacement.

I still expect a neauseating January Window thread pining after Barkley and all the nonsense about how that will be the difference between the title etc, but looking forward to Winks progression this season immensely.

Our academy is our future

Foyth and Davinson will be our defence for many years to come and I think Skipp and Winks will form the midfield. Dele is 21 and needs to ensure he doesn't get his head turned (room him with Kane on away days I say) and Edwards, similar to Dele needs a mixture of keeping his head down, learning, bulking up and half a year of maturing as a player and person for him to become all we know he can be

6 shit hot kids under 21. Find the next Kane and Christian and we are well and truly laughing as we all know what Pochettino can do with full backs

I personally don't like the c word but it's so prevalent on this site, I have become a bit immune to it, in fact in some cases it's a term of endearment! Mind you I wouldn't like to be called it. To be fair the guys have always been respectful towards me in that respect, it would be like swearing at their mum
The respect shown to you Mrs P is of the highest level, as it should be.
All those c**** who think otherwise are all Gooner supporters in disguise.

A fit wilshire is the best `England have . I get you lot hate 'Woolwich' players. But that is the reality of it. The other reality is the chances of him being in good shape or even fit to play at world cup time is small.

Lallana is the next best thing england have in tight spaces.

Alli is really a forward player ,as you all are aware. he can create and break down defenses with a high press , and he commands space so well with a burst of power from a stand still. but we need the cm to feed him in normal build up play. Ravel Morrison was obviously a huge loss to england due to his lifestyle choices. Ruben loftus in the future may be become a player that can increase the quality there. At present like i said an improbable match fit wilshire or lallana is all we have that are better than average.

Winks seems like a player that like kane and Rash has the mentality - but is he good enough of the ball as of yet? - has he got the killer pass yet? - a work in progress imo, signs are great with his respect for the game and hard work though.

None of this is wrong except for being harsh on Winks and glossing over the fact that Wilshere sustaining match fitness for more than a week would be a minor miracle.

Wilshere is of course terrible

Winks still has to kick on a bit with his potential to avoid being left at the wayside

Ravel Morrison? Ha ahaha, all hype and was never good

Having slated the England setup, am quite looking forward to seeing young Harry W taking his international bow alongside his spurs team mates.
Yup. I’m a fucking hypocrite & proud.
:dembelefingers:

Looking at that starting lineup for England only Rashford and (just) Stones would make the Spurs matchday squad.

Harry has taken to International level like a duck to water. Like we thought he would. Fantastic prospect.

Back
Top Bottom