Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very disappointed that so many feel it is acceptable that people abuse Winks as much as they do.

I hope Nuno has faith in him in much the same way that Poch had faith in Rose back in 2014.

And I hope that he rams the criticisms as far down their throats as possible as did Rose.

I certainly won't be listening when they meekly say "I'm so glad he's turned it around".

Fans my fucking arse.

Calling him a cunt, wanks, a rat?
You guys are supposed to support him.

The cunts know who they are, the supporters do too.

All I can say is good luck in the new world and I hope you show the promise that got us so excited and got you in the England squad.

COYS.

What are you guys getting out of this cyber bullying that you are doing? Is it all to score some internet points? To be cool in front of the other forum dwellers?

That post by NDomBadBoy may touch on reality. Social media might very well be a very depressing place to be to Winks at the moment. And what excactly is his crime?

He has given his all to become a footballer for his boyhood club which he loves and which you guys are supposed to support. If you think he is not performing to the standard you expect from a Spurs player, feel free to discuss it in a civil way.

But grow the fuck up and stop with the vitriol, the bullying. You act like despicable ten year olds.

Was better than skipp and hojberg combined. Disgraceful the treatment he gets as a youth product. Agree he might not be the answer but I cant get my head around the hate for a player that has been at the club since 10

Some of the Winks haters most probably want Conte out as well after these comments 😁

It was only fitting that Spurs topped it off by going back the other way in Yorkshire and showing their fans that they are still in the top-four race.

One man that came into the XI against Leeds was Winks and this is what his manager had to say about him.

“Winksy is a player, I know that I can count on him,” said Conte. “Every time I call him in the team, he has shown me great commitment and a great personality to play the ball.”

But what does Conte know eh? All he's done is won league titles in different countries. I bet he hasn't even got a TFC account!

Winks has been really unlucky he hasn’t gotten to play when we are in form. He only gets playing time when we are out of form. As soon as he jumps back in the starting XI, the team loses form. It’s a really unfortunate coincidence.

Happy Wall Street GIF by Imagine Dragons
Everyone on the inside:

WANKS IS GONE

Everyone on the outside:

Good luck old chap, all the very best Winksy - you gave your all old boy. Go tear up the Championship.

🤙
Today is a special day for me.

It's up there with losing my virginity, my first pint and passing my driving test.

Happy days are here again.

This kinda support do you think?

I genuinely don't get the hate...
Enough people from outside our club hate us, our players and our fans. ...

We really don't need our own fans to hate on our own players.... we get that every week!

Whether people like it or not, WINKS is one of our own.
He may have had his limitations, but he lived the dream... the same as any of us would, given half the chance, and with a fraction of his footballing ability!
Yet SOME people can't recognise that, and at the VERY least acknowledging that a GENUINE SPURS FAN PLAYED FOR SPURS!

Compare that with Cundy and Bent... A Chelsea fan and a Gooner.... playing for Spurs... both shit, but didn't get half the abuse Winks got.... Have a fucking word with yourselves, and Google the word 'loyalty' while you're at it!

Best of luck Winksy.

See you back in the PL one day...

Last edited:
What?

I also read Atletic piece on Harry Winks and found it rather interesting.

I even kind of assumed that some of the loudest trolls have eaten bit of an humble-pie.
After all, there were some posters who honestly (and I am NOT kidding) were suggesting that he would not even get picked by Championship sides. Now here we are, he has been ever present (minus one game on sidelines for 5 yellows) in Leicester midfield that is having one of the best seasons in Championship history...

But well, admitting that they went waaaaaaay overboard and to full-retard would take some honest self reflection and emotional intelligence, which I do not realistically expect to see from those posters. Just that... seeing people STILL throw shit at him is mind-boggling to me. Why? For what?

I have to say - I am really happy for Winksy. And I really hope he continues to do well for the rest of his career. Sure, once more - he was not a superstar quality midfielder for us, and selling him was the right move. But the guy gave what he had for Spurs to do well. Was here for more than 1/3 of his life. Respect for that.

90 Minutes Played
93% Pass Accuracy
72 Passes
8 Ball Recoveries
5 Duels Won
2 Tackles Won
2 Interceptions
1 Dribble Completed
1 Clearance

Metronome.

Back
Top Bottom