Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And this is the crux because shit is subjective and the I hate Winks brigade can't see anything else - to the point there's a 'Levy has stuck Mason in there to influence Conte' narrative going around - probably to guard against Conte getting a tune out of Winks I suspect.

As fans we just want (or should) a successful team and personally I couldn't give a fuck who plays in it. If we sell Winks I trust the judgement of the manager, likewise if he plays him.

I do think midfield is a massive problem, even more so than defence.
We've replaced Dembele with Ndom, Eriksen with Lo Celso, and Wanyama with PEH/Winks/Skipp and all of them are inferior. Add to that the decline and fall of Dele and it's looking pretty shit.

Spent loads but our recruitment is shocking and it's hurt us badly, I hope Conte can get a tune out of some of these because we can't just replace them all overnight. To that end I hope he makes them all better because we'll get better in the process and that goes for Winks too.
A well balanced, sensible post - it'll never catch on
GIF by Shalita Grant

If we want to be better, we need better.
How many times are we going to try and recycle this squad

Keep flushing out with new players and graduates and we will be ok.

Believing in Dele, Davies, Winks, Dier and Kane will keep us treading water.
They all peaked and will never be any better than they are now.

I’ve more faith in Conte getting something out of Sanchez than Winks

Hopefully Conte will point Winks and Dele in the right direction. If not on the pitch then in the transfer window.

If the same thing happens that has happened with Jose and Nuno then I trust Conte to sort it out with them both. I'm not sure leaking unhappy player stories to the press even works on Tony. I think he wants them to be unhappy.

:conterubhands:

Looking likely that either Winky or Tanguy will start against Leeds. Possibly both.

This should be interesting against a high pressing team like Leeds that would have watched how Everton targeted him with great success.

Back
Top Bottom